BareKnuckle Warpigs? (best pickups for metal)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bowling-name
audio school graduate

BareKnuckle Warpigs? (best pickups for metal)

Post by bowling-name » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:02 pm

So, I am looking to put together a Floyd-Rose bridged, super-fast fretboarded, thin-necked, lightweight guitar for heavily distorted metal leads.

Most of the vintage guitars I was considering do not pass the girlfriend test (Nightswan, Warlock, Mockingbird, etc), so I went looking for a modern builder and I think I found a match in Yajima String Works. They make a beautiful flying-V style guitar with a solid mahogony body, smooth ebony fretboard, etc., called the Axellsior-HL Floyd Rose SpeedLoader.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide which pickups would be best. I'm going for passive dual-humbuckers, so started looking at Seymour Duncan's offerings (e.g. Full Shred, Invader, etc), but then discovered Bare Knuckle Pickups in England. While not cheap, they offer some unique and attentive designs. Based in part on some of the sound clips posted to their forums, I am particularly enamored with the Warpig and the Miracle Man pickups.

Does anyone have any experience with these pups. I'm open to alternative suggestions as well.

Thanks! :devil: :twisted: :wink: