Gear repair (mixer) in Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle or Portland?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

SC
audio school graduate

Gear repair (mixer) in Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle or Portland?

Post by SC » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:59 pm

I'm in Olympia and need a Ramsa mixer repaired and need advice on where to take the thing. I'd rather not drive all the way to Portland but would appreciate any suggestions. Is there anyone that is often recommended for smaller repair projects in the area?

Rolsen
steve albini likes it

Post by Rolsen » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:03 pm

In Tacoma, and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of this place... google this: 'musical equipment' 'repair' and 'Tacoma Ave. S.' They've been in business for years. Warning: they take forever to get to your repair and the owner (and sole employee) is a cranky fellow. He repairs amps, pa's, mixers, speakers, etc.

doc
pushin' record

Post by doc » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:44 pm

Not a personal recommendation, but you can check out either Solid Repair in south Seattle or Erickson Audio in Bellevue. They're the only two places I know of that will work on solid state gear in Seattle. I've heard good and bad things about both.

-doc

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:17 am

doc wrote:Not a personal recommendation, but you can check out either Solid Repair in south Seattle or Erickson Audio in Bellevue. They're the only two places I know of that will work on solid state gear in Seattle. I've heard good and bad things about both.

-doc
word on the solid repair. I heard the guy is nifty with analog synths as well. I've had a few friends go to him for help with amp/heads both tube and solid state as well. Supposedly Condor has a fellow by the name of "Kevin" who is working wonders for them and seem to be bringing Condor's name back. I've had to people come into my place raving about "kevin" so i'd say its worth checking out.