Moving EMT 140 PLATE reverb

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

MusicMan
gettin' sounds

Moving EMT 140 PLATE reverb

Post by MusicMan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:58 pm

I am picking up a EMT plate reverb tomorrow that I just bought and I wanted to know if anyone has any tips for moving it. I saw the tips for moving one on Dan Alexander's web page but I wanted to know if there is anything else I could know that would be helpful. I have a truck with a lift gate, dollies and moving blankets and straps. I will be driving it 2 hrs. in the back of the truck so I want to make sure I do not damage it.

Is the driver magnet screwed on with screws or bolts - will I need a wrench to remove it?

Again any info on taping the plate to the frame or the removing the electronics from the end of the plate (as Dan Alexandra suggests) would be a big help. Be very specific as to what tools and steps I might need to make sure I get it home in complete working order. Thanks a lot.

Mark.

Mix413
buyin' gear

Post by Mix413 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 pm

contact Jim Cunningham and he can send you specific instructions on how to properly move a plate reverb.

847-831-5628 fugal@att.net
Estudio Ensenada
Rincon, Puerto Rico
https://www.facebook.com/estudio.ensenada.PR/

MusicMan
gettin' sounds

Post by MusicMan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:50 pm

Hey John -

Thanks. But I got it in my house already and everything seems ok.

Mark.

Harry
re-cappin' neve

Post by Harry » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:15 am

NICE!!! let us know how it sounds

MusicMan
gettin' sounds

Post by MusicMan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:41 pm

All went well in the moving it and getting it into my house (it is in my kitchen) -

As for how it sounds well I will be posting more on that later because I had a really bad experience in dealing with the people I bought it from and I think I learned a valuable lesson when buying vintage gear that everyone could learn from not just me.

It was not exactly in 100% working condition as I was told by the seller and it did not get damaged in the move (a wire can't get fried out and burned by moving it... now can it?) So needless to say I still have not been able to hear it for more then a minute or so that I had it working but I am close to having it fixed (I hope) so I will let you know when I have it up and running.

Mark.