vca cards....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bpatric
audio school graduate

vca cards....

Post by bpatric » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:05 pm

If anyone has a minute, go to ebay and search "vca board" and check it out. i you can identify this thing, or have any leads. drop me a line.

thanks!

jrepro
steve albini likes it

Post by jrepro » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:18 pm

Well the pictures are pretty blurry. Anyway, VCA is a voltage controled amp. These are used in several places on a mixer. One way was to add audimation to the console. Also used in compressors. The louder the signal, the more the amp output is reduced. Not knowing where they came from in the console, and the picture being blurred, makes it tough to give any more info than what you already know.

joe

bpatric
audio school graduate

vca cards....

Post by bpatric » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:52 pm

Yeah, I know my camera sucks, but I put a lot of info in the listing. I know what a VCA does and is, just don't know anything about these ones. They could be some amazing thing...they could be crap. Who knows? On Prodigy pro I offered a pair of them, shipped free to the first person who can give me a hand with identifying them and getting a little info about their specific characteristics. I'll make that same offer here. It might be one of those things where someone would instantly know what they are and know all about them, but I haven't met that person yet, and I have a bunch of these things sitting in a box doing nothing.

jrepro
steve albini likes it

Post by jrepro » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:33 pm

Yeah I saw your post over there. I did not realize you were the seller when I first replied. I had some very simular cards from API. They had one VCA and one Opamp. They were for some sort of leveling device for thier mixers. I ended up getting about 12 bucks for the VCA, and kept the opamp.

bpatric
audio school graduate

vca cards....

Post by bpatric » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:59 am

Thanks for the tip. SOmeone else mentioned API in connection with them. I really just want to know what they are, and how I might be able to use them. I don't want to sell them all off, really.