Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

cfMC
pushin' record

summit guitar packs going out of business

Post by cfMC » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:33 am

sad to say it looks like summit guitar packs is goin out of business:

http://www.guitarbackpack.com/home.htm

these are far & away hands down the greatest guitar backpacks to use to carry em with you on a motorcycle. I have one for my acoustic and one for my electric, they also make em for bass.

just a heads up to get one while you can if there's one that suits your needs still left from the mfgr, or keep your eyes peeled for the leftovers at various retail outlets. There's nothing else out there remotely close to this quality IME.

yeah I know it's cooler to be like Prince and just sling the axe with no case right behind your back and cruise off, but anyway

mingus2112
re-cappin' neve

Post by mingus2112 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:38 am

a shame. . .looks like nice stuff although i've never heard of them. looks like some of the online retailers still have stock?

-James

cfMC
pushin' record

Post by cfMC » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am

yeah there's probably a few left over here & there but looks like once they are gone they're gone. These bags are totally sweet, lightweight but with hiker-backpack type frames including all the straps and whatnot to keep it from flyin off you on the MC. They also come with a detachable courier bag for extra gear. I can't speak highly enough of these, it's a real bummer the company is going out of business, cause all the other soft gig bags I've ever seen are basically shit