10%
Both
33%

Total votes: 30

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:00 am

Meriphew wrote:
trodden wrote: but we're releasing our new record on a double 12" lp next month.
Cool. Good luck with the new release Trodden.
Yeah! LPs! All-right!

Regarding the sound quality of downloads - that's part why my wife and I relegate the 'onsey-twosey' singles to the download file, but prefer CDs or LPs for everything else - the sound is good enough for the kind of casual listening those 'singles' will get around here - like on her iPod in the car, or while we're kicking around the house. AACs at 128 are fine for this casual form of listening for us. (Although, if we transfer stuff from CD to her iPod or my little no-name 10GB MP3 player we always use a much higher bit rate...)
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

John Jeffers
buyin' a studio

Post by John Jeffers » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:05 am

spankenstein wrote:I downloaded the trial of Anapod Explorer. That looks to work a lot better for me.
Before you buy Anapod, check out XPlay. I like it better than Anapod. It's nothing fancy, just basic drag-and-drop integration into Windows, but that's exactly what I like about it.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:19 pm

spankenstein wrote:go to iTunes and take for freaking ever to browse to that directory to add it to the library
You know you can just drag the folder into "Library," right? It's pretty much instantaneously added.

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:26 pm

inverseroom wrote:
spankenstein wrote:go to iTunes and take for freaking ever to browse to that directory to add it to the library
You know you can just drag the folder into "Library," right? It's pretty much instantaneously added.
Are you trying to take all the fun out of it?
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I don't mind iTunes, but yeah, there severs that run the library portion do seem quite slow quite often. Had no problems with local-drive operations though...

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

spankenstein
re-cappin' neve

Post by spankenstein » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:29 pm

Last time I drug a file in it complained about not being a podcast.

I just had it lock up on me twice "processing" a file that plays otherwise :-/

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:43 pm

spankenstein wrote:Last time I drug a file in it complained about not being a podcast.

I just had it lock up on me twice "processing" a file that plays otherwise :-/
Yuck. Sorry about that.
Sounds like it's corrupted or something. Try a reinstall?

Dubious
gettin' sounds

Post by Dubious » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:00 am

I only buy Vinyl.. havent bought a cd in about 5 years.. sold off all of my existing cds and went digital a couple years back.

i hate cds.. always have always will...

i like the concept of downloading / paying for one song.. its kind of like a return to a more singles oriented market, which i like.

from an independent artist stadnpoint i also think cds are way to hard to move compared to 7"s and vinyl... so legal downloads are a best of both worlds situation.. press on wax and then post the audio on a pay download site for the peeps who dont have record players.