RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
"Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board (FAQ)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks Evan.
Bear
deaf.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Man, that's awesome. You deserve a free dinner.
percussion boy
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Bump!

Is this thing ever gonna get a sticky, or what?

Evan's basically done the FAQ this board needs by himself, and for free. At the very least he should get a free subscription to TAPE OP.

Oh, wait . . .
Electricide
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

back up top.
Lazy_Q
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

in lieu of whining about what could possibly be missing, I say "Cheers!". wish this were done when I first started reading the board, would have saved quite the bit of time.

Last edited by Lazy_Q on Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

I emailed Hillary and asked her to make this a sticky. She just emailed back saying it was done and looky here! Thanks Hillary!
leigh
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Just stumbled across this reference of all kinds of production and tech terms (while looking for an explanation of delta-sigma modulation):

The Dilettante's Dictionary: Audio terminology in these digital days

That may serve as a handy reference to you as well.

Leigh
evan
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Updated a bit, though it's been a while since I've been here, so let me know of any important threads...
jebjerome
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Recordin Reply with quote

"Best Of" Recording Hiphop thread link is broken.
coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Halp! "Beatles bass" and "Ringo Drums" threads are dead links! This is the stuff I really needed! Yikes!
evan
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Unfortunately, dead links are completely out of my hands -- it appears that EZboard has removed the old TapeOp archives. Really awful.

This thing needs revamping, and I'll hopefully do it soon.
evan
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Major revision "1.0". New categories, with a (hopefully) helpful introductory section.

I tried to find as many new useful things as possible, but there's just so many threads!

I'm tired.
jajjguy
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

This is a great thing you're doing, Evan, basically indexing the board. If you ever get sick of doing it, you should really talk to Hillary to figure out a way to let someone else take it over, since I think you're the only one who can edit the top post on the thread.

A link that needs fixing: "recording violin/cello" leads to something unrelated.
evan
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board... Reply with quote

Boy, this post is old. Didn't notice, sorry.

Ah yeah, caught the link. Thanks. Any heads-ups of good stuff would be helpful...that's the hard part, scouring the threads!

It's no so bad maintaining it, as long as it's late at night I can ignore the tedious searching/checking. Heh. Besides, it's the least I can do for the invaluable stuff I get out this board.
apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best Of" the TapeOp Message Board (FAQ) Reply with quote

Micing Djembe might wanna be added:
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=12822
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: