thrift store garbage

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
kingnimrod
pushin' record

thrift store garbage

Post by kingnimrod » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:05 pm

Today I found this piece of crap electric organ that sounds pretty fun at a goodwill store.

It's an "emenee audion" in an unappetizing tan/brown color scheme. Basically looks and sounds like a humidifier with keys until you start playing it - nice little organ sound. It sounds/feels like it's pushing air to make the sounds.

I don't know if this is a toy or what - I'm assuming so. Search on the internet doesn't yield much.

Anyone know anything about it???

Milkmansound
george martin

Re: thrift store garbage

Post by Milkmansound » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:00 pm

we get these in where I work quite often. They kind of sound like a harmonica/accordian or something more than an organ - but they are infact meant to be an organ as far I can can tell. Some of them even have the chord buttons on them. Unfortunately there is a lot of wind noise coming out of these, so there is not a whole lot to do with them - unless you need a good wind sound that is.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!

waitingroom
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by waitingroom » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:58 pm

They are fun to play around with. Mine is one with the chord buttons, and the noise just adds to the fun!

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:49 pm

waitingroom wrote:They are fun to play around with. Mine is one with the chord buttons, and the noise just adds to the fun!
Yes! Those dumbass buttons.

I some times break mine out after listening to the Marble Index or something. And try and play Janitor of Lunacy. I just end up sounding like Ivor Cutler. Which kind of rules.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)