I quit

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Old-Draftsman
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Old-Draftsman » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:30 am

I tried to quit and couldn't so I just stopped for the day. I won't have a smoke today, and I'll worry about tomorrow, well, tomorrow.

You can do it man... that 1st day I didn't smoke, July 21st, 1985.

Maybe I can quit tomorrow but today I just want to not smoke more than I want to smoke.

Find what works for you and wear it out. It is worth it, every minute.
I'm old, tired, busted, impatient and my feet hurt that's why I sit all the time. Deal with it and hand me that remote while you're close.

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Post by Kilroy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:30 pm

I quit smoking in august when i went on a missions trip to tennessee and wasnt allowed to smoke, went the week without even craving one which was a total blessing cause it was a stressful week. But after that i didnt smoke any and then in november me and my girlfriend broke up and and totally gave up on trying to quit. ONe of the main reasons fer not picking up smoking was because of her. But after we broke up i said screw it. Now i am still smoking and super pissed off cause i smell like smoke and get cravings for cigarettes. I also go to college which is a smoke free campus, so in order to have a smoke i have to walk off campus and hope the flashlight cops (Security) dont come rolling by. I really wish that i quit smoking and stayed off. You should really hang in there man, after quitting for awhile, then taking it back up will prolly make you feel like an ass, it did for me at least.

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:57 am

When you feel like smoking one reeeeal bad, remember this:

1. 30 min after the smoke your breath turns to total ASS! Gum won't help.
2. YOU will smell like a stale old butt and "exhaled" smoke, the worst.
3. The tar in your clothes will ferment with your tinyest amount of sweat and stank!
4. All them"healthy" chicks will not look at you unless you have a buttload of money unless you quit.
5. All the connections in your entire studio will go south from the tar collecting on the contacts and some internal components willl corrode from the acid environment that will create.
6. Strings go south from tar oozing from your pores creating an acid layer on your fretboards and corrode the bronze frets too.
7. You will get 1/4th the amount of work done as a competing non smoker for the same $$
8. You'll be settling for less which was evident in your work when you smoked.
9. Your recent jump in ability will diminish though it has become expected by your clients.
Once you get used to the jump in productivity, health, lack of pervasive stench, lack of hallitosis, increased chick appeal, and extra free time and creative genius, you'll find it hard to smoke again.
Harumph!