Renovation Party! Followed by Re-Opening Party!!! NYC

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Renovation Party! Followed by Re-Opening Party!!! NYC

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:55 am

Hi... so... in one month, I'm going to begin a total renovation of my space from a 3 bedroom basement loft-kinda thingy into a commercial studio with a control room, huge live room, one large iso-booth, lounge, and kitchen/bathroom...

If anyone in Brooklyn likes to build stuff and wants to come hang out and help me and my friends renovate this place, you will get beer, food, and some free recording time... and it will be fun... in that manly 'build shit' way...

THEN...

In early May there will be a big official 'Studio Opening Party' that everyone in NYC is invited to... I'll post updates as the detail pan out...

cheers,
john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

mus1k_freak
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mus1k_freak » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:17 pm

hey thats awesome man, im halfway through turning my basement into a nice studio, the control room is just about finished, anywho im about an hour or so south of nyc ide love to swing by and at least check out it out! drop me a line
doctors practice, musicians perform

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:33 am

Anyone wanna help hang drywall, or mud-and-tape, in western MA? It's that time for us up here.

Seriously, though, hope it goes smoothly for you - that's a big project!
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

mingus2112
re-cappin' neve

Post by mingus2112 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:18 am

I'm up for the manly build shit stuff! PM me if you're still doing this (in NYC).

-James

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 am

Mark Alan Miller wrote:Anyone wanna help hang drywall, or mud-and-tape, in western MA? It's that time for us up here.

i just finished hanging drywall and mudding here at my new place. word of advice, check this ELECTRIC DRYWALL SANDER. this thing saved me so much time and it really does work as advertised. you not only save time sanding, but cleaning as well. i'll never do a bigger job without one.

you can either buy one in the neighborhood of $420 or you can rent it from Home Depot at 50 bucks a day. it is definitely worth the money. they seem to have a pretty good resale value as well if you want to buy one, use it and then sell it on ebay. good luck!

t

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:11 am

formzero wrote:
Mark Alan Miller wrote:Anyone wanna help hang drywall, or mud-and-tape, in western MA? It's that time for us up here.

i just finished hanging drywall and mudding here at my new place. word of advice, check this ELECTRIC DRYWALL SANDER. this thing saved me so much time and it really does work as advertised. you not only save time sanding, but cleaning as well. i'll never do a bigger job without one.

you can either buy one in the neighborhood of $420 or you can rent it from Home Depot at 50 bucks a day. it is definitely worth the money. they seem to have a pretty good resale value as well if you want to buy one, use it and then sell it on ebay. good luck!

t
I think my contractor has one! Thanks for the tip!
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

monkey boy
audio school graduate

Post by monkey boy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:35 pm

i think i can make it..

seaneldon
pushin' record

Post by seaneldon » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:15 am

totally awesome. one month? might be doable. i'll bring some wine and a powerdrill.

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:39 am

new ceiling is almost in... no suprise that we're a little behind schedule... but, not too bad. gotta build 2 walls and some windows, then move the gear back in.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/