No. 52 nostalgiciousity

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Electro-Voice 664
re-cappin' neve

No. 52 nostalgiciousity

Post by Electro-Voice 664 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:30 pm

Wow the new issue is great! I used to love watching Tommy ollie over driveways in Future Primitive, so fast and cool. Guerrero?s skating style is wonderful, seriously my all-time favorite. Ray is killer too! Loved the Bones Birgade-I even had the blond bangs! I bought those Faction CD?s over the summer and laughed at ?Lets go get cokes? and all those great tunes?I didn?t know Ray and Tommy were doing music, but I?m excited to check it out.

Anybody have those Thrasher comps. Skate Rock? Like blazing wheels and barking trucks or something?
PM me I?d love to get a CDR.>> DI, Mc Rad, Septic Death, doggy style, so many more cool bands.

The Kurt Block article is great too, I love all those records.

TapeOP is the best, thanks again!
"Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz. On your five grand stereo."

spankenstein
re-cappin' neve

Post by spankenstein » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:59 am

I haven't seent he issue but eMusic has McRad and Drunk Injuns. I had the hardest time finding those for years. No one knew whew they were I didn't know what label(s) they were on. Damn.

The first Blind video is what got me into punk/indie: Operation Ivy, Dinosaur Jr., excellent sound track.

Electro-Voice 664
re-cappin' neve

Post by Electro-Voice 664 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:39 am

spankenstein wrote:I haven't seent he issue but eMusic has McRad and Drunk Injuns. I had the hardest time finding those for years. No one knew whew they were I didn't know what label(s) they were on. Damn.

The first Blind video is what got me into punk/indie: Operation Ivy, Dinosaur Jr., excellent sound track.
I'll check emusic, thanks!
Yeah, I remember that video, and an H-street video that had some great songs too, I think during Matt Hensley's part there was a cool OpIvy tune.

Remember the Gonz section with the Jackson 5's ABC, that was great.
"Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz. On your five grand stereo."