Noise Complaints...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

covert
pushin' record

Post by covert » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:36 am

Some notes of caution:

Although the technicalities of the noise laws might ultimately be a protection, the police can and likely will, make your life miserable, if they feel that you are not responding properly to their, "authority." If you plan to rely on this, get a lawyer and prepare for a long nasty fight.

If you are renting, and your coments on eviction imply this, your property line may well be the walls of your space, not the same as the building's property line.
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 pm

ugh..

at this point i just don't wanna have to move...

it's something of a black eye...

and i have waaayyy too much stuff..

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Professor wrote:In most cities it takes months to evict someone who isn't paying rent, and it's downright illegal to evict someone for a complaint, especially if you weren't even cited for a noise violation. Hell, even if you were cited, that is still not an issue unless you plead guilty or lose at the hearing. If that landlord is trying to evict you on the grounds of you breaking the lease because of criminal activity then you have some serious grounds to sue his ass.
Honestly here, you shouldn't take that lightly. You might need to be prepared to move, but I'd be in touch with one of those sleazy lawyers who gets off on chasing down folks like that. Even if the lawyer ends up with 90% of any awarded damages, it would still be worth it. And I'm not a proponent of frivolous lawsuits, lawyers in general, or suing small business owners, but handing you an eviction notice because one neighbor called the cops to complain is a little beyond reasonable.
Agreed.
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:54 am

you've all been a huge help in this..

my head is stabilizing...
i feel like i might live threw this...

i am forever indebted...

thanks again..