The 2006 "Who's Going?" Thread

archival forum of past Tape Op Conferences

Moderator: TapeOpCraig

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:59 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:just booked my room.

and i have to get glasses before i go, cause i am going totally blind from staring at a computer all day every day. you can make fun of me garges, it's cool.
And don't forget your emo wig...

Last year you looked like a real dork without one... I know you won't make that mistake twice. You too Garages!
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:02 am

bitsyras wrote:I'm signed up. 1st time. Can't wait.

Man, I just checked Tuscon weather and it's 105 right now. Yikes.

:shades:
But it's a dry heat... :lol:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

alissa
pushin' record

Post by alissa » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:29 pm

liquid mob wrote:

and i have to get glasses before i go, cause i am going totally blind from staring at a computer all day every day. you can make fun of me garges, it's cool.

Last year you looked like a real dork without one... I know you won't make that mistake twice. You too Garages!
i can't believe you're going without me.

a##hole.
www.ivorylodge.net
Mistress of Creot
www.creotradio.net
or search for 'creot radio' podcast in itunes

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:19 pm

alissa wrote:
liquid mob wrote:

i can't believe you're going without me.

a##hole.
i can't believe you're not going.

b##ch.
-Hunter S. Thompson

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:20 pm

but since you're not going, can i borrow your emo wig?? :P
-Hunter S. Thompson

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:54 pm

alissa wrote:i can't believe you're going without me.

a##hole.
Hey, what's up with that? How come you're not going?

Am I excused from the emo wig, since I have totally emo shoes?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

fremitus
pushin' record

Post by fremitus » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:53 am

i'm going with sonic circus, but i'm representing vermont altogether. wearing my emo glasses. as per usual. dammit. maybe i'll get some contacts and look fresh and new.

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:31 am

:cry:

There's just no way I can go this year. Soooooo bummed.

With my new studio just built and sessions happening, and so much more to do to it (more acoustic treatment, cabling, carpets, furniture, painting, and on and on) I can't justify the cost and the lost days of work - it's just too much this soon after reopening.

Waaah. :( It was not an easy decision to make.

Oh well, you all have extra fun for me, please? And I'll see you all in 2007.
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 am

cgarges wrote:

a##hole.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
It's about time the truth came out about this. She is not going because there is a warrant for her arrest in the state of Arizona. Turns out she's LDS and the last time she was in Mesa, she forgot to genuflect in the presence of the prophet which, as you are certainly aware, is in direct contravention to the Doctrine & Convenants and constitutes a Level 4 breach of the Sacred Principles thus allowig lucifer to gain power over the flesh (and on this of all days!) and foist upon the chosen significant impediments in the attainment of the Celestial Kingdom. While that may be just fine for a devout sinner such as herself, I can tell you the Saints did not appreciate it, not one little bit. So her photograph was turned over to the authorities and subsequently distributed to post offices, police stations, laundromats and beauty parlors around the state. She can't even set foot in Arizona without being detected and thus held to account by blood atonement hence revealed in the Sacred Principles.

Plus she can't find her emo wig.
-Hunter S. Thompson

crow
steve albini likes it

Post by crow » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:06 pm

i'm going and will wear my emo sweater despite the heat.

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:16 pm

crow wrote:i'm going and will wear my emo sweater despite the heat.
the lime-green cardigan with the holes in it and the frayed cuff? dude that thing is a chick MAGNET!
-Hunter S. Thompson

rockstudio
gettin' sounds

Post by rockstudio » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:30 pm

I'll be back for more tape-opping. I will be alone, however. Is there a stag rock and rollers group?

E Car
alignin' 24-trk

Post by E Car » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:57 am

I'm going, it sounds like fun. There are a couple threads about it over at Gearslutz as well.

Eben

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:49 pm

liquid mob wrote:
crow wrote:i'm going and will wear my emo sweater despite the heat.
the lime-green cardigan with the holes in it and the frayed cuff? dude that thing is a chick MAGNET!
Believe it or not, the last time I saw chocolatechickenpotpie this is exactly what he was wearing, lime green and blue cardigan. The man speaks from the heart.

No lie.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

alissa
pushin' record

Post by alissa » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:54 am

liquid mob wrote:
cgarges wrote:

a##hole.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
It's about time the truth came out about this. She is not going because there is a warrant for her arrest in the state of Arizona. Turns out she's LDS and the last time she was in Mesa, she forgot to genuflect in the presence of the prophet which, as you are certainly aware, is in direct contravention to the Doctrine & Convenants and constitutes a Level 4 breach of the Sacred Principles thus allowig lucifer to gain power over the flesh (and on this of all days!) and foist upon the chosen significant impediments in the attainment of the Celestial Kingdom. While that may be just fine for a devout sinner such as herself, I can tell you the Saints did not appreciate it, not one little bit. So her photograph was turned over to the authorities and subsequently distributed to post offices, police stations, laundromats and beauty parlors around the state. She can't even set foot in Arizona without being detected and thus held to account by blood atonement hence revealed in the Sacred Principles.

Plus she can't find her emo wig.
yep. it's a rock star pedigree anywhere but arizona. so i'll be back next year to be sure. with shaggy black punk rock hair.
www.ivorylodge.net
Mistress of Creot
www.creotradio.net
or search for 'creot radio' podcast in itunes