RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Significant others at TapeOpCon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 2002-2007 TapeOpCon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevedood
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

My GF came last year and had a really great time, particularly at the pool party.
Alas, she still is not my wife, however...

Any chance that Larry/Craig can negotiate keeping the water slide open later for the pool party?
- Maybe we could cut a deal if we offer our own security lifeguards and station Scott Hamptone as the safety patrol for the top of the slide Wink
Jupiter4Jackie
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

Steve & I will be renting a car. I'd invite the girls out for lunch but I'll be working with WAM while I'm at the conference. But I'd be happy to meet anyone on my breaks...

Looking forward to meeting you btw (JOEL) and your wifey if she comes along with you this year...

joel hamilton wrote:

Just get a rental car, so they are not stuck at the conquitador the whole time.
It isnt very fun to walk around from there....like walking down the highway...

In new orleans my gal came with me and also brought a pal... That worked really well.[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
joel hamilton
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

Jupiter4Jackie wrote:
Steve & I will be renting a car. I'd invite the girls out for lunch but I'll be working with WAM while I'm at the conference. But I'd be happy to meet anyone on my breaks...

Looking forward to meeting you btw (JOEL) and your wifey if she comes along with you this year...

joel hamilton wrote:

Just get a rental car, so they are not stuck at the conquitador the whole time.
It isnt very fun to walk around from there....like walking down the highway...

In new orleans my gal came with me and also brought a pal... That worked really well.
[/quote]

Awesome!
Hope to see you both there!

http://www.studiogbrooklyn.com

http://www.lawless-music.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
stinkpot
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

I'm way too excited that I get to go this year. It was my wife that insisted that I go. She's coming too, and got the guest pass.

She's cool. I'm a lucky man! This will be serious geeky fun.

http://www.myspace.com/populistrecording
wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

BeepBeep wrote:
I'm girlfriend is contemplating coming along. Is she going to be bored out of her mind hanging at the El Conquistador?

Bored? Are you kidding? She'll get hit on by almost every guy in the place... and some of the girls too!
Russian Recording
re-cappin' neve
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v225/958/64/n658207182_5941.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

my girlfriend had a great time last year. it was a lot of fun.
Push-Pull
JohnSuitcase
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

At a lot of conferences (or it was this way when I was a kid, anyway), there would be activities for the significant others. Nothing too earth-shattering, but stuff like tours, maybe a luncheon, etc. Nothing that the con has to pay for, necessarily, just an open invitiation for significant others to sign up for the group tour, or whatever.

Maybe someone has an ambitious wife who would be willing to organize a handful of daytime activities? I'm sure Craig could include a printout in the program, with the info...)

I'd volunteer my wife, but we're expecting a baby in April, so I don't think she'll be up for that (she's planning to come to the con with me, though!)
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Significant Other Activity Reply with quote

We could certainly arrange some kind of activity, a luncheon, tour, etc. if there is enough interest. If your sig other would like to see this happen, please respond to this thread and suggest what type of event she/he would be interested in.

Jon Kardon
JohnSuitcase
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

I don't get to Tucson often enough to suggest many destinations, but a luncheon seems reasonable.

Are there many tour-type things in the area? Maybe a trip to downtown Tucson (the area near the Congress Hotel) for shopping/lunch? Might be a little hot for that...

I know there's a cool missile silo tour near there, but I don't know how much interest there'd be in it!

New Orleans was great for this sort of thing, my wife took several tours while I was at the Con in '05.
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

I know my fiance would be down for a lunch/shopping trip to downtown, or even just someone to sit by the pool with and drink mojitos (mojitos are optional). if it's a male significant other, i'd prefer them not to sit by the pool with her Very Happy
joel hamilton
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

Well, just made all my reservations...

Wife is NOT coming this year... assistant IS though....

Look forward to seeing you all there.

http://www.studiogbrooklyn.com

http://www.lawless-music.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alissa
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

tape op con is a great place to meet guys!
or search for 'creot radio' podcast in itunes
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

JohnSuitcase wrote:
I'd volunteer my wife, but we're expecting a baby in April, so I don't think she'll be up for that (she's planning to come to the con with me, though!)

Congratulations John!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
JohnSuitcase
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

drumsound wrote:
JohnSuitcase wrote:

Congratulations John!

Thanks! It's very exciting, and slightly terrifying!

Maybe we should take Albini's lead and organize a big poker tourney for the 'guests'!

Or maybe a guest speaker to talk to them about Living With an Engineer - Strategies and Coping Mechanisms...

It could be hosted by the wives/husbands/significant others of some of the high-profile speakers, like Mitch Easter's wife (who my wife met in New ORleans and described as being 'A Very Nice Lady.'
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Significant others at TapeOpCon Reply with quote

JohnSuitcase wrote:
It could be hosted by the wives/husbands/significant others of some of the high-profile speakers, like Mitch Easter's wife (who my wife met in New ORleans and described as being 'A Very Nice Lady.'

Shalini is a very nice lady! Not sure if she's going to the conference this year. She just started a new job.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 2002-2007 TapeOpCon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: