Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?!

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:11 pm

I love this thread! I will miss mjau's abs though.

If anyone is reading this and needs their avatar resized there are ways to do it right on the Internerd: http://resizr.lord-lance.com/

Jon~T
gettin' sounds

Post by Jon~T » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:56 am

I think I should bump this thread since there are still a ton of frequent posters who have huge avatars still.
A certain cute Asian girl comes to mind.

leigh
carpal tunnel

Post by leigh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 am

...bump...!!!

Until all the avatar images on a page finish loading, the text columns get squished over, and this makes the page unreadable during load. An annoying effect.

I see the javascript function "fixImgs" is run "onLoad", to resize images. But, I don't see any simple stylesheet restriction of image width, which I believe would fix these problems right away (instead of waiting for the onLoad event to fire).

All the avatars are already tagged with class="avatar". Wouldn't it work to simply add this to the stylesheet?

Code: Select all

img.avatar {
    max-width: 80px;
}
cheers,
Leigh

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:08 am

unfortunately the board is a few years old now and when i installed it i did it all with the default stuff, there was no tweaking, no CSS done on my end, etc...
so, because of this, while it would be simple to limit the avatar size with a simple CSS size restriction, i wouldn't know where to go to add that class into the stylesheet. there's a few stylesheets most likely...

if anyone can help with it, i'm all ears...