RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

Hey, I don't want to name names here, but some of y'all have MONSTROUS IMAGES linked for your avatars.

As a courtesy, could you guys please resize those to 100 pixels or whatever? It'd sure be less annoying to browse the board.

Thanks a lot.
darkhorseporter
ass engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

seconded.
xonlocust
tinnitus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

3rd.

75px wide - however tall you want. shit's annoying. i was thinking about making a similar post the other day.
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

the size should be 60x60. unfortunately the board isn't capable of resizing properly anymore with the latest upgrade we did. ryan (tret-lo) did a hack so they would size down after the page loads. it's the best we could come up with.
resizing them yourselves would help the annoyance of the page load shiftings greatly.
tret-lo
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

Yeah to tell you the truth I kind of like the new system, because it makes it obvious if you avatar is ridiculously huge. Some people are using desktop-wallpaper-sized images for their avatars. Save the world some bandwidth and resize. (The site will be faster too.)
;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students

Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

I like that huge Les Paul, but I have a good fast connection so it doesn't affect me for more than 1/2 second or so.

Now I am just noticing that my jack pine image is sort of big. I'll rectify that soon. Sorry gang.
mjau
genitals didn't survive the freeze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

Though I hate doing it, I'll bring my avatar size back down to earth, too.
apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

mjau wrote:
Though I hate doing it, I'll bring my avatar size back down to earth, too.
I really like a lot of the avatars, and if my work computer (where I do a lot of my messageboard surfing) weren't so f'in slow, I pr'y wouldn't care.

I really appreciate it. I know I sounded snarky, but I feel like I can express myself freely around y'all. Twisted Evil

Thanks very much.
kayagum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

apropos of nothing wrote:
and if my work computer (where I do a lot of my messageboard surfing) weren't so f'in slow,

Get a new job? Very Happy

"No one wants advice only corroboration." ~ John Steinbeck
inflatable
pushin' record
http://myspace-719.vo.llnwd.net/00936/91/76/936496719_m.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

I've PM'd a few people on this and they were really receptive to the idea. Most didn't know thiers was so big. Think about the dial-up users.

Mostly I'm adding this comment as a bump so everyone sees this.

Maybe a moderator can sticky this?
;ivlunsdystf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

Got me a nice new avatar. Very small. Local origin.
kayagum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

OK fine- I deleted my avatar.

Now go get some bandwidth.... Wink

"No one wants advice only corroboration." ~ John Steinbeck
mjau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

Changed mine, though obviously I don't have the space to show off the abs in this one.
;ivlunsdystf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

mjau wrote:
Changed mine, though obviously I don't have the space to show off the abs in this one.

It was too difficult to choose just one of the two abs to represent the entire pair, eh?
mjau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Can you please resize your thus-and-suching HUGE avatar?! Reply with quote

Tatertot wrote:
mjau wrote:

It was too difficult to choose just one of the two abs to represent the entire pair, eh?

A good mommy doesn't play favorites with the kiddies, yo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: