RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Latest gear you've acquired.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.David.MacKinnon
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

You're a brave man. I'm more than willing to hack away at electronics but guitar work scares me.

http://adavidmackinnon.blogspot.com
http://adavidmackinnon.bandcamp.com
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Yeah, I really love this guitar (it's a Revelation offset with Alan Entwhistle pick-ups, a kinda perfected jazzmaster) and as it's new it has a perfect finish.

But the damn fret-ends are annoying so I'm soon gonna habve a martini and then file away at it, especially since I spent the US$50 or so on the tools for that purpose.

FWIW, I also bought a Revelation Bass VI without that issue.

Oh, and my latest purchases are a Earthquaker Organizer (cool organ-emulater pedal), A Sterling 6050 (the Alan Sides Ocean Way FET), and a little Ampeg B108 bass practice amp, what records deliciously, especially with that Bass VI, and the Organizer pedal sounds great with 'em!
Warm Mastering
audio school

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

I've just bought an ART PRO VLA II opto compressor, but I have to try it yet!
I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

I got the A Designs Hammer this month the version 2 model..

So far Mastered an EP and used it on a drum buss

It's tight AF

everything gets done faster .. great tool
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Got another Tascam 388 today...broken and cheap but I feel like I can get this one going... Even came with the books!
psinglet
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Just picked up nine SM57s, nine tabletop mic stands and seven 20' cables for $225 in an online auction. They were the in PA system for a local town's city council chambers. Look absolutely brand new.
ubertar
cryogenically thawing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Always wanted an udu drum, and I finally got one! It's a Meinl, made of mango wood. They only made those for a few years. It doesn't have the ringing quality of the clay ones... not better or worse, just different. I like it.

Then, shortly after getting that, I was walking home and saw some stuff that was left out for people to take (or go in the trash). Among other things I wasn't interested in was a nice wooden cigar box, and a large glass vase almost exactly the same shape as my udu. So I made a hole in the side, and it sounds great... more like a traditional ceramic udu than my wood one.

Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

VERY cool. I want one (of each).

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
A.David.MacKinnon
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Found a green face Altec 1678 for $50 at a local electronics surplus warehouse. Someone had replaced all the female xlr inputs with male xlr. It took me a while to find replacements that fit. Beyond that I wired in 20db pads and did the direct out mods suggested by RodC in an ancient thread.
It's pretty great. The output is a bit low but if I run my adat ins at -10 it's perfect.

http://adavidmackinnon.blogspot.com
http://adavidmackinnon.bandcamp.com
CraigS63
pushin' record

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

ubertar wrote:
Always wanted an udu drum, and I finally got one! It's a Meinl, made of mango wood. They only made those for a few years. It doesn't have the ringing quality of the clay ones... not better or worse, just different. I like it.

Then, shortly after getting that, I was walking home and saw some stuff that was left out for people to take (or go in the trash). Among other things I wasn't interested in was a nice wooden cigar box, and a large glass vase almost exactly the same shape as my udu. So I made a hole in the side, and it sounds great... more like a traditional ceramic udu than my wood one.

Bongs. Those are bongs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Bing, Bing, Bong.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/elliesunakawa/donald-trump-bing-bong-vines?utm_term=.mk9oXxmWN#.cbmZvGLAm

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

Just rec'd a new 1x12" cab, but the driver is blown. Seller from the Ebog did the right thing, and I just ordered a Kappa to repurpose the cab from guitar to bass practice.

Gotta EBS multi-drive - very nice and useable on guitar or bass.

Bought a bunch of outlet extensions as I am re-wiring the bedio after a drain back-up incident. Bought a dolly to put under my equip. rack, also. 4 partial days of clean-up and re-wiring. And I hadd buy a new UPS battery. Mad

Also recently bought Reaper, and Izotope Elements for quick "masturding".
joninc
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

I recently got a Bock Ifet and it's been blowing me away on bass amp and kick - as well as vocals and acoustic guitar. wow. round and full but not muddy.

kind of on a guitar pedal kick too - got a ZVEX lofi junky - weird and warpy - I love it.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

I bought a Zvex pedal earlier this year - the Distrotron, and really love it. That's a really good pedal company, IMO.

I have a Little Bear clone of the Wooley Mammoth and while I've never tried a real one, like that, also. They are pretty unique distortions, usable on both bass and guitar, but especially cool on bass.

It is, BTW, my only indie clone - I just can't afford a real WM. That said, of course, legit companies clone others, ex., the Rocktron Austin Gold is like a Centaur as is the Rockett Archer, various Way Huge Pedals are like B-Muffs and/or Rats, even the MXR Distortion + is a variation on the DOD 250 (like a clone plus distortion via germanium vs. silcon diodes) ...
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest gear you've acquired..... Reply with quote

I got an sE V7. I've only used it on guitar so far, but it sounds good.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Gear Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242  Next
Page 239 of 242

Jump to: