Columbus, OH

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Columbus, OH

Post by toothpastefordinner » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:52 am

I am always looking for interesting people in Columbus- if not to collaborate musically then to at least talk about recording and so forth. I am working on an album by myself right now, but if you're interested in indie pop/synth pop/mid-nineties-indie-rock then give me a shout. (spam@toothpastefordinner.com)

I am pretty much interested in the opposite of bluesy "garage rock" stuff and radiohead. Mostly I like Pavement, GBV, olivia tremor control, daniel johnston (earliest albums), portastatic, and all sorts of other stuff.

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

No Wave Casio Kitsch
re-cappin' neve

Re: Columbus, OH

Post by No Wave Casio Kitsch » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:57 am

Boy, Drew, you just do not give up! :)

Good luck to you.

-Giahni
Who cares what it sounds like soloed?

Freelance Recording/Production
Assistant Studio Manager - ShangriLA Studios

sthslvrcnfsn
steve albini likes it

Post by sthslvrcnfsn » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:58 pm

Good thing I live here in Oxford and not Columbus - I am quite fond of "garage" sounding stuff. And I hate Radiohead. Don't get me wrong, I like all kinds of stuff, but psych and garage stays closer to my heart :)

Right now I'm working on a noise sort of band here in town. Just feedback and drums. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't even want to think about songs or shows, cos noise is just top much fun to worry about that kind of stuff, but if we do play I'll let you know.

Put some of your songs up on your website when they are ready, I'd like to hear them.

jim

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:29 am

Yeah, it is cool, I have an appreciation for most kinds of music (albeit limited in some cases!) but pretty much just want to make pop. Pop pop pop.

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

PS. the latest song i recorded is here - http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/drew-belgium.mp3

moogrock
takin' a dinner break

Post by moogrock » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:43 pm

i like livin' here in the columbus ohio...
its not too bad.
and its dirt fucking cheap.
the scene here has its ups and downs.
but my band does okay typicallly... but we dont fit into the columbus mold much -- but whatever -- we get by...
but its cheap cheap cheap!

dustin

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:55 pm

hey, what's your guys' band names? my friend just went to grad school out there, and i'll tell her to keep an eye out for ya...

-nick

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:31 am

I am just "drew". For real.

Columbus is pretty dang cheap (I have a huge place here for not much money) and even though it doesn't have much of a "scene", the city's big enough that it has plenty of resources- a billion clubs, tons of art galleries, a semi-thriving arts district or two, you know the deal. I've lived here just about a year and it seems like the perfect amalgam of big city culture and "midwest nice".

And it looks NOTHING like cleveland (which, while it is a nice city in its own right, just has way too many factories and industrial crap all around for me...)

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Post by SKEETER » Mon May 03, 2004 11:25 pm

I do a lot of recording, I mostly do rock era stuff, but I am pretty open. If you ever need someone to lay down some guitar or bass tracks , let me know. I have a pretty decent guitar groove, lots of experience, I play bass in NIGHTWIND, we do clubs and private parties around town, doing rock era stuff.

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Post by SKEETER » Mon May 03, 2004 11:26 pm