RegisterRegister
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages
Log inLog in
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
uhhh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 2002-2007 TapeOpCon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze


Joined: 08 May 2003
Posts: 3868

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

trodden wrote:
wayne kerr wrote:
trodden wrote:
didnt' this just happen?

no one has anything fun to tell?


I think the idea was to keep you in the dark so you'd actually show up next year. Laughing


Pay my way baby and i'll join you!


pish posh. i hear it's gonna be free next year!
_________________
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marc Alan Goodman
george martin


Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Posts: 1400
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

drunton wrote:
I wish I could give credit to this semi-quote:
In reference to teaching the whole room their secrets - "If a kids going to smoke pot, may as well teach them how to roll the joint right".


I believe it was Tony San Filippo in his opening comments for the "mastering in the box" seminar talking about people who are mastering their own material at home.

I also thought it was pretty good, although my personal highlight was Mark Rubel calling up Les Paul to wish him happy birthday.

I'm sure the quotes page is gonna be pretty damn funny this year.

-marc alan goodman
_________________
-marc alan goodman

http://StrangeWeatherBrooklyn.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
drumsound
zen recordist


Joined: 02 Jun 2004
Posts: 6366
Location: Bloomington IL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

Marcocet wrote:
drunton wrote:
I wish I could give credit to this semi-quote:
In reference to teaching the whole room their secrets - "If a kids going to smoke pot, may as well teach them how to roll the joint right".


I believe it was Tony San Filippo in his opening comments for the "mastering in the box" seminar talking about people who are mastering their own material at home.

I also thought it was pretty good, although my personal highlight was Mark Rubel calling up Les Paul to wish him happy birthday.

I'm sure the quotes page is gonna be pretty damn funny this year.

-marc alan goodman


It was my panel but I didn't say it. It was Garrett Haines from Treelady Mastering. He's a really funny guy!
_________________
Tony
Oxide Lounge Recording
Follow me on TWITTER!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TV Lenny
buyin' gear


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 512
Location: Milwaukee,WI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

The only downside to me was that there were almost always two or more panels going on at the same time that I wanted to attend. Given the amount of time to squeeze everything in I certainly am not blaming them for this. I was able to get in a lot and had a great time. I missed the concert at the pool though...had dinner at The Last Territory and went back to my room and fell asleep.
_________________
White Oak Guitars - Fine boutique handmade guitar & bass pickups www.whiteoakguitars.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
drumsound
zen recordist


Joined: 02 Jun 2004
Posts: 6366
Location: Bloomington IL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

TV Lenny wrote:
The only downside to me was that there were almost always two or more panels going on at the same time that I wanted to attend. Given the amount of time to squeeze everything in I certainly am not blaming them for this. I was able to get in a lot and had a great time. I missed the concert at the pool though...had dinner at The Last Territory and went back to my room and fell asleep.


It was a really great show. The bands were really good, but John Vanderslyce took the cake for me. I'm gonna get some of his stuff very soon.
_________________
Tony
Oxide Lounge Recording
Follow me on TWITTER!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Archmart
pushin' record


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 265
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

Hey Hey!

Yeh... Absolutely impossible to attend every panel I wanted, visit every booth I wanted, get to know the people I wanted... But I did manage to catch almost every band and definitely found a few to look further into.

Next year I'm just going to make up a hot tub schedule for the wee hours of the morning and go around booking appointments to talk to people. Smile

And you know... there was this guy I met... somewhere in between Zappa and Yanni... Very cool. Smile

Archmart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Johnny B
pushin' record


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 271
Location: Syracuse, NY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

TV Lenny wrote:
The only downside to me was that there were almost always two or more panels going on at the same time that I wanted to attend. Given the amount of time to squeeze everything in I certainly am not blaming them for this. I was able to get in a lot and had a great time. I missed the concert at the pool though...had dinner at The Last Territory and went back to my room and fell asleep.


That was me on Friday. We drove downtown, had some of the jambalaya and dessert at the coffee bar in the Hotel Congress, and caught Mitch Easter. After that, I was too dead to do anything else and we went back to the hotel and crashed.

I also had problems deciding which workshops to hit, and I think in almost every case made the decision at the last minute. I was originally only going to go to the first potluck studio drum techniques session and ended up attending all of them. I still want to know where Mark Rubel got that cowbell...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
drumsound
zen recordist


Joined: 02 Jun 2004
Posts: 6366
Location: Bloomington IL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

There was a guy video taping the "Mastering in the Box" panel that I was on. I talked to him after and he told me his son has a home studio and attended the '06 con. He cam along this year and would tape one panel while his son attended nother that way he was getting to see twice as many.

archmart wrote:
And you know... there was this guy I met... somewhere in between Zappa and Yanni... Very cool.


Beware of that guy...
_________________
Tony
Oxide Lounge Recording
Follow me on TWITTER!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
trask
takin' a dinner break


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 154
Location: Vermont

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

Okay, it's official, I dont care what it takes, I'm gonna make it next year. This year, I just didn't have the $1000 it would've cost me to do it.

Also, with the possibility of it blowing up and changing, I say f-it, and move it to Vegas. At least that way EVERYONE can get cheap plane tix, and stay there cheap too. Certainly tons of conf. rooms avail. Sure the surroundings are a bit distracting, but hey, why not!?

If it was in Vegas this year, I could've afforded it. that's all I'm saying.



broke-ass-trask.
_________________
off somewhere listening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Marc Alan Goodman
george martin


Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Posts: 1400
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

nice. Sorry to mis-attribute that quote to you Tony!

yeah, you should go. it was crazy. also I enjoy hot tubs.

-marc alan goodman
_________________
-marc alan goodman

http://StrangeWeatherBrooklyn.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Archmart
pushin' record


Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 265
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

drumsound wrote:
There was a guy video taping the "Mastering in the Box" panel that I was on. I talked to him after and he told me his son has a home studio and attended the '06 con. He cam along this year and would tape one panel while his son attended nother that way he was getting to see twice as many.

archmart wrote:
And you know... there was this guy I met... somewhere in between Zappa and Yanni... Very cool.


Beware of that guy...


Hey Hey!

Wow... I hope that guy had a Happy Father's Day. He deserves it.

I actually borrowed a little tiny flash recorder and in a couple of instances (Mastering In The Box being one) I had someone else record it for me while I went to another session. The trouble with that, of course, is finding the time to listen to it now! Also, as I understand it, he got a call 10 or so minutes before the end and instead of leaving the recorder on his chair or something he took it with, so once I find time to listen to it I'm probably going to be posting here the question: "What was said immediately after the phrase -But really the most important thing about mastering in the box is..."

Archmart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rob Christensen
gettin' sounds


Joined: 07 May 2003
Posts: 125
Location: Washington, DC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

I wish there was a seperate day just for the PotLuck Studio. A whole lot of the time I wanted to be there AND at a workshop.
_________________
music & stuff: www.robchristensen.com
www.myspace.com/robchristensen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Johnny B
pushin' record


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 271
Location: Syracuse, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

Rob Christensen wrote:
I wish there was a seperate day just for the PotLuck Studio. A whole lot of the time I wanted to be there AND at a workshop.


That would be cool. I had that going on as well. I ended up skipping a lot of the other workshops to go to the potluck studio ones. The only problem with it having its' own day is: can you imagine the chaos of everyone being in there at once?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
drumsound
zen recordist


Joined: 02 Jun 2004
Posts: 6366
Location: Bloomington IL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

Johnny B wrote:
Rob Christensen wrote:
I wish there was a seperate day just for the PotLuck Studio. A whole lot of the time I wanted to be there AND at a workshop.


That would be cool. I had that going on as well. I ended up skipping a lot of the other workshops to go to the potluck studio ones. The only problem with it having its' own day is: can you imagine the chaos of everyone being in there at once?


The Potluck Studio is much bigger in New Orleans...
_________________
Tony
Oxide Lounge Recording
Follow me on TWITTER!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Johnny B
pushin' record


Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 271
Location: Syracuse, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: uhhh Reply with quote

drumsound wrote:

The Potluck Studio is much bigger in New Orleans...


Oh, never mind, then. Smile

I'm just hoping that Craig is really able to get a mastering potluck studio together next year. That will be awesome...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 2002-2007 TapeOpCon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum