RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Ryan Hewitt

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 2002-2007 TapeOpCon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TV Lenny
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me which Chili Peppers song Ryan played during "The Anatomy of a Mix" panel?

Thanks,
Tom
stereopathetic_banjo
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

I wasn't at the 'con unfortunately, but i'm curious- did ryan mention his work with john frusciante at all? Not his chili peppers work obviously, but the string of solo albums john put out a few years back. I've always been interested in the circumstances behind those.
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

stereopathetic_banjo wrote:
I wasn't at the 'con unfortunately, but i'm curious- did ryan mention his work with john frusciante at all? Not his chili peppers work obviously, but the string of solo albums john put out a few years back. I've always been interested in the circumstances behind those.

During the mix panel Ryan talked about a specific Chilli Peper's song. I didn't see him on any other panels.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Johnny B
pushin' record

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

I believe the song is called "Charlie." It's on the latest album, Stadium Arcadium.
stereopathetic_banjo
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

That's cool. I don't know much about Ryan, but he seems to have a good aesthetic about his engineering. I'd definitely dig seeing a tape op interview sometime.
TV Lenny
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

Yep, "Charlie" it is...thanks! I finally picked up the album after meaning to get it for awhile now.

Tom
Gabe
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

i thought Ryan's mix sounded incredible! he is extremely talented and seems like a really cool guy. I read that the way RHCP and Rick Rubin decided who would engineer the album was that they chose four people to mix the same three songs, then did a blind listening test and chose which recordings they liked best. It's fantastic that Ryan was able to get such a great opportunity and he certainly showed the music world his abilities. He mentioned quickly at the end of that panel he spent hours upon hours micing the drum kit, i wish he had delved into some of his mic and placement choices.

regardless, he quickly became one of my new favorite engineers.
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

John B has interviewed Ryan for an issue soon.
www.larry-crane.com
stereopathetic_banjo
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Hewitt Reply with quote

Awesome!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 2002-2007 TapeOpCon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: