Looking for ANYTHING in a Cleveland studio

loosegravel
gettin' sounds

Looking for ANYTHING in a Cleveland studio

Post by loosegravel » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:48 pm

My name is Henry Glover and I am a self taught audio kid. I have been building up a home pro-sumer studio for some time now to do music for myself and others. I live in Bay Village and currently attending Lorain County Community College for first year classes in audio or computer engineering. I've done a few bands and projects. Mostly just recordist and sometimes producer.

The set up I currently work on is based on sonar 2 using a MOTU 828 firewire interface, a laptop, some no name pres and 2 channels of Sebatron pres. I use Audio technica, rode, cad, sure and oktava stuff (just cheepies). I run lots of effects and synths as well as recording guitars and drums. I play piano, keyboards, drums, guitar, turntables and sing. I've also become acoustomed to pro tools, audio mulch and most sound forge software. Im a big fan of Tape Op and love reading on message boards as well as reading in general. I love all types of music and being an audio engineer is something I'd love to do.

I've been looking for a studio that would let me do an intership of sorts. Just help out with sessions and get my foot in the door. No money needed, just a chance to watch and learn. I'm a quick learner and love to help and will not cause a problem or speak unless consulted. It is very hard to find people who want to apprentice someone in this field. Even just being a coffee runner or food guy. I have lots of computer networking experience, artistic and web design talent as well as being an audio nerd. I've read a lot and learned a bunch hands on and would love to have someone help me learn the things I can't on my own. Thanks to anyone who reads this far.

Henry
"Oh MANNN, MY MOTU"

Malcom
audio school

Re: Looking for ANYTHING in a Cleveland studio

Post by Malcom » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:23 pm

Hello, my name is Malcom Ryder, and my wife Jasmine is just finishing up her Cd in her dad's studio. Not nessecarily a buisness, more of a great home studio, but if you want you can come over and particpate in some sessions. We are using a digi002 with a lot of great preamps and compressors. Send me an email if interested