shoegazers in Houston

dustmadehercry
audio school

shoegazers in Houston

Post by dustmadehercry » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:27 am

My band Of Normandy is looking for a bass player. Our old one moved to Dallas. We have a guy that's currently filling in and recording with us, but we'd like someone that could make a comitment and who's time isn't being taxed by tons of other projects.

Some of our influences:
Slowdive, MBV, The Notwist, Lali Puna, Her Space Holiday, Joy Division, Ride, etc.

You can listen to a few tracks at our website.

llllllllllllllllllllllll
ass engineer

Re: shoegazers in Houston

Post by llllllllllllllllllllllll » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:15 pm

You guys still haven't found one yet? Too bad, I'd love to play with you guys, but I'm faaaaaaaaaaaar away. And I'm going to be even further away in a couple of months. Let me know when you guys release anything, I love the stuff on yr site.

good luck

jamey
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dustmadehercry
audio school

Post by dustmadehercry » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:38 pm

Thanks Jamey.

No we still haven't found a permanent. Unfortunately this is Houston, and everybody wants to rock out with their cocks out or something. I'll add you to our email list so that you'll know when the disc comes out. I think I still have your email somewhere.

How is your music coming along?

llllllllllllllllllllllll
ass engineer

Post by llllllllllllllllllllllll » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:00 am

It hasn't, unfortunately, though I'm getting together with a few people this week. Hopefully things will happen...

I'm thinking of just doing a noise thing with a couple of guitars, a lap top, and some walkie talkies. Its just Beaumont, what do I have to lose?

By the way, have you spoken to that bluepxl guy? He's a pretty regular poster here, and he may be able to hook you up with some people.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

goyovista
audio school

Post by goyovista » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:42 am

Hello, I just saw your posting and checked out your website and songs. Very interesting stuff. I just moved to Houston about 2 months ago and have been looking for others. I'm into most of your influences. I can play bass and would love to, although I'm more experienced with guitar. I would like to try out if you haven't found someone yet. I can harmonize vocally and have experience writing beats. I'm very much into groups like Four tet, Prefuse 73, The Books, Telefon Tel Aviv, The Octopus Project, Do Make Say Think, and tons of other stuff. It looks like you guys have your shit together. That's exactly what I want to be a part of.

Anyway, check out www.lovetron.net and listen to the mp3's. I play guitar and write all the synth stuff, beats, etc. I also sing on Hangin' at the Heels just so you get an idea. I want to progress beyond this, though.

Check it out and write back whever you get a chance.
Take it easy,

Greg.

goyovista
audio school

Post by goyovista » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:56 am

Hey,
I just found out that the website I gave doesn't play the mp3's. This one should work. www.lowatt.com Just go to Records then click on the LOVETRON page and you'll be able to pick one of two songs off the tracklist. Well, that's about it.

Greg.