RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

Just wondering if there are any Tape Op fans-Audio nuts that would want to hook up for coffee-brews etc and swap stories BS etc.....in the Twin Cities area

Fact06
jspartz
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

I am a nut and always enjoy talking about TapeOp topics. I am in Winona so if my calendar works with a day that is picked I will do my best to make it...

Jason

Web: www.mudstonemusic.com
E-mail: mudstonemusic@yahoo.com
Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

jspartz wrote:
I am a nut and always enjoy talking about TapeOp topics. I am in Winona so if my calendar works with a day that is picked I will do my best to make it...

Jason

Sounds good...hopefully we can get a few more....gimme a PM if you want to BS about local stuff etc..

Fac06
ndstgmoe
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

I'm totally hip to this... Although, I've been uncomfortably busy lately, so I can't make any promises.

We did one of these several months ago and it was pretty fun. I can probably recruit my roommate as well, as I don't think he checks this forum much anymore.

ndstgmoe
kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

jspartz wrote:

Jason

You haven't made it yet- how many months in advance do we need to book a date? Wink

"No one wants advice only corroboration." ~ John Steinbeck
Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

kayagum wrote:
jspartz wrote:

Jason

You haven't made it yet- how many months in advance do we need to book a date? Wink

Ok...how about this to start...a coffee shop or a bar??? I vote for coffee shop as it could be most anytime of the day / night and I know acouple nifty ones.
Next would be evening or daytime??
Next would be week day /night or weekend day /night??

Lets tally the votes and then we try for a play date.... Rolling Eyes ????

Fac06
kayagum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

Many of us have day jobs, and at this point I'd rather have a beer in the evening than coffee....

... last time we met at Nye's (apropos of nothing was visiting his old haunts, now living in NC).

The time before was at Bryant Lake Bowl (a few years back).

Suggest away.... I've always wanted to check out either the 331 club or Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge. Acadia now has a beer/wine license, I think. And I'm all over any of the places in St. Paul (close to home)- Muddy Pig and the Happy Gnome both have plenty of good tap beers (e.g. Belgian...)

ndstgmoe
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Many of us have day jobs, and at this point I'd rather have a beer in the evening than coffee....

+1 - but I'm not picky, so it doesn't make much difference.

I too have been curious about 331, and I think I've been to Psycho Suzi's, but I don't remember it at all. Muddy Pig is the shit.

But like I said, I don't care.

Out on a limb, I'm going to say that a weekday would work best for me, but that's subject to change...

Boy, I've been super helpful haven't I?
kayagum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

+1 on weekdays. I hate going out on weekends- it's amateur night every weekend night.

I'd say Muddy Pig. It's time to give some business to St. Paul!

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

I had a really fabulous time hanging out with y'all at Nye's that night. Just wanted to give a little shout-out and say hey. Have a tasty beverage fer me -- I'll be there in spirit.
jspartz
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

Off Topic:

I am scouting used guitar amps. Do you know if Encore Music has a website? Thanks.

Jason

Web: www.mudstonemusic.com
E-mail: mudstonemusic@yahoo.com
kayagum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

They don't, but you can call them. I know Chad (the owner)- he'll know the inventory.

Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

kayagum wrote:
They don't, but you can call them. I know Chad (the owner)- he'll know the inventory.

Chad is the shit. Good shit. I vote for Psycho Suzies as they have Ultravox! in the juke box and good beverage service etc....weeknights are usually best say mon /tues /thursday

Anyone??? Also all TC area guys please feel free to PM or use my shockadd@hotmail.com me if you want to bs about gear or other local issues etc. as well as a front of house-recording guy I am also a analog / digital component level tech and musician

Fac06 / David
Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

jspartz wrote:
Off Topic:

I am scouting used guitar amps. Do you know if Encore Music has a website? Thanks.

Jason

Have you also looked at Twin Town?? They are good guys...

Fac06
Fac06
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Cities meeting of Audio nuts??? Reply with quote

kayagum wrote:
+1 on weekdays. I hate going out on weekends- it's amateur night every weekend night.

I'd say Muddy Pig. It's time to give some business to St. Paul!

Where is Muddy Pig in StPaul? Is it just a bar or??

Fac06
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People/Places/Things All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: