10 Lb. Libido needs studio time and producer!

Monkeyfist
re-cappin' neve

10 Lb. Libido needs studio time and producer!

Post by Monkeyfist » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:56 am

Alright the capacity for me and my guitar players recording prowess has been surpassed by far. We have decided that we will go out into the scary new world and explore the opportunity of recording in a real studio. Our budget is small (real F*$#ing small), but what we lack in budget we make up in canned food and lentils. But seriously, we need the assistance of people that know what the F*&k they are doing, not like 10 Lb. Libido the hacks, and ametuers of the recording world. If you are in the Seattle area hit me up with some estimates as to what it will cost, whether you have facilities or are in need of them, a bit of a resume', and when you are available to meet with. I know it can be done, with the right kind of eyes and some duct tape!

www.10lblibido.rocks.it
If you have legs and are on fire you are never blocking a fire exit.

M. Hedberg R.I.P.

www.10lblibido.com
www.hotlaundry.net
www.myspace.com/10lblibido
www.myspace.com/hotlaundry

Monkeyfist
re-cappin' neve

Re: 10 Lb. Libido needs studio time and producer!

Post by Monkeyfist » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:13 am

Well apparently no one wants to reply, so I guess people are allergic to money or something. We'll find someone, and they're little dog to! But until then I'll keep hoping for a post. Or an e-mail. But I can't believe no one can help us little folk stuck in 8 track world. All they wanted was to be loved!

www.10lblibido.rocks.it

M. Hedberg R.I.P.

www.10lblibido.com
www.hotlaundry.net

mpedrummer
steve albini likes it

Post by mpedrummer » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:46 pm

Well, I'd love to, but I'm not in the Seattle area.

If you need to send stuff out for mixing/mastering, I'm your man.

But Seattle is a 3000 mile drive for me...bit too much of a commute :)

MPEDrummer

Monkeyfist
re-cappin' neve

Post by Monkeyfist » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:06 am

That would be a trek for us at this point, but I'll definetly keep the mastering thing in mind for sure. Thanks and all that brevety stuff.

Rick

M. Hedberg R.I.P.

www.10lblibido.com
www.hotlaundry.net

T-slice
audio school

Post by T-slice » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:06 pm

I am a free lancing engineer in the seattle area, I have been doing professional studio demo recording for the past year. I have worked with many local seattle artists, including rock metal band Malachi, Jazz musician Harry Pierec, Vocalist Tara McCormick (miss washington USA 2004) Jazz funk band The Funk, and many more. I think what you need is an engineer who knows what they are doing, and can work on a tight budget. It is cheaper than ever to record your own stuff at home, and with someone who knows what they are doing, they can make a hit record in a garage. I Know with a digitally based recording system, you could buy all the equipment needed to record a full album for $5,000, including a pro tools 8 track recording device, some pre amps, a compressor, some microphones, some plug ins, micropohone stands, and a few other gadgets. All I need is a decent sounding room. The only thing that I ask from you is to give me the gear when your recordings are done, and you are satisfied, that will be my payment for helping you. So if you are willing to spend that amount, I know I could help you guys out, and make a great recording for you to turn a profit on, and be proud of. The best part is its your music, done your way, you make the calls, I make it sound good!
Tyler Green
Slice Productions
tylerwgreen@hotmail.com

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:57 am

T-slice wrote:I Know with a digitally based recording system, you could buy all the equipment needed to record a full album for $5,000, including a pro tools 8 track recording device, some pre amps, a compressor, some microphones, some plug ins, micropohone stands, and a few other gadgets. All I need is a decent sounding room. The only thing that I ask from you is to give me the gear when your recordings are done, and you are satisfied, that will be my payment for helping you.
Man, do you have any idea how many records I've done in large, well-equipped studios for less than half that amount?

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:21 am

if you should find yourself in NYC i can get you a great rate during the overnights at a great mid-sized studio...

good luck finding the right studio in seattle.

T-slice
audio school

Post by T-slice » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:28 pm

I was simply putting out an option for 10 lblibido. Average studio rate in the area is $30-$40 an hour, studios can be rented for a full 10 hour day for around $200-$300 and hour. Rates are variable on whether you need an engineer or not, I would be happy to assist in any way possible! It might be nice to set up a make shift studio so that the band can create and record on their own time in their own space, working at the spead of thought and creativity. With an in-home recording system, 10lbLibido would have total freedom without worrying about waisting precious studio time. So if my assistance is required, I can help in anyway possible, whether it is finding the right studio for your project, assisting on recording, or putting together a home studio, I am eager to help, and I live right in Seattle!