new compressor

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Slider
george martin

new compressor

Post by Slider » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:38 pm

has anyone tried this unit yet? i'm really looking forward to this.
are they even for sale in the US yet?
http://www.tfpro.com/products/p8info.php

studio2420
audio school

Re: new compressor

Post by studio2420 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:52 pm

Hi Slider,
We got them for sale right now !
Steve Langer at Mojo pie has got one for review it should come out this month .This is one of Ted Fletcher's best ! I don't want to "spam out the forum" so drop me an email if you want more info, price, etc.

CDB Studios
takin' a dinner break

Post by CDB Studios » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:43 pm

very cool, now just what I need. . . another reason to spend money I really don't have <lafs as tears roll down my face as i see money disapear)

-zach

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:14 pm

Has the lawsuit with with PMI been settled?

See the thread over at RO:
http://www.recording.org/ubb/ultimatebb ... 109#000005

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:47 pm

how much will it run?

todd
pushin' record

Post by todd » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:24 pm

how much will it run?
after 2 seconds of navigating the website, i found out that you can order straight from them for $1402 us dollars.

thanks,
todd

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:06 am

Mmmm..tasty!! come to daddy!!

alanhyatt
pluggin' in mics

Post by alanhyatt » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:23 pm

Hello All...No the lawsuit is not settled yet. We are just now getting ready to serve the parties in the UK and the USA very soon. Again, if you all want Ted's TFPro unit, then by all means buy it. We have most of them to prove our court case. Many of the PC boards inside the unit still say Joemeek and are all copies of all the designs we purchased and own that they are not supposed to use. So, in essence TFpro are stealing them.

The P8 is not very good on any of the VCA sounds, but the Green Box sound is still a typical Joemeek Compressor. The P8 is made very innexpensively and uses low cost and budget quality components. Read the Resolution review by George Schilling on the P8, it is not very flattering. I know Ted's designs which is why we had to redesign all of the new Joemeek's. You can see more at www.joemeek.com

As for Mr Robinson, the new TFPro distributor or dealer, well he works out of his house or some other kind of place, so be careful. He is not registered in Atlanta as a business, nor has any tax numbers that are registered. In fact, he does not turn up anywhere...I know, we had to do a seach for him to serve him with our lawsuit, but all we came up with was a PO Box. This was a lawyer trying to search him out, so that should tell you something. We even called the state of Atlanta and they knew nothing about him nor had anything on him as a business. So if you buy from him...be careful.

I say this because Ted's units can and are failing as a result of sketchy designs. Mr. Robinson certianly can't fix them, so you will all have to send any broken or faulty unit back to the UK for service, and that is expensive.

Now I would like to personally visit Mr. Robinson's store or place of business, but he posts no address other than a PO Box. He is making a good deal of money on any TFPro sale, but offers no service, no location or "real" technical advice.

Any of you out there that has ever had a service or support issue knows that PMI Audio takes care of business. After servicing over 2300 Joemeek units, we know what we are talking about when it comes to a Ted Fletcher design. Oh yes, Joemeek sounds good, and TFPro is a copy of a Joemeek, but the new Joemeeks are light years ahead of any TFPro unit. Time will show this to be true.

I wonder if Mr. Robinson will even respond to this!!! In either case, the new Joemeeks will be out in under 60 days. As for reviews, I do not take any opinion Mojo Pie offers as very credible, including my own products he has written about, but Steve Langer is nothing more than a beginning recording guy working in a basement studio. Think about it..He claims to have been a top lawyer and selected to become a judge. Why so you give all of that up to write audio reviews for money? If he is that good, then why is he not asked to write for any professional magazine?

Anyway, I guess you can still see a little anger in my words, but most of you do not know the real truth as to what happend and how it happened, so I understand any hostility towards me for my reply, but in the end, the truth will be told to all.

Just a bunch of words on a computer screen..... So sorry to rant, but I think the boys at Tape Op know my credibility. Interesting viewing http://www.pmiaudio.com/images/stack840.jpg
Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Joemeek - Studio Projects - Toft Audio Designs - Valley People - Stephen Paul Microphones
Gardena, CA 90247
toll free: 877-563-6335 fax: 310-323-9050
url: www.pmiaudio.com e-mail: alan@pmiaudio.com

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:48 am

Did anyone read that muck on Ted Fletchers website?, where he says that exposing yourself to loud music all the time doesnt affect your hearing!!, what planet is he from!?, would anyone seriously buy his gear??...i think NOT!.

Al

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:51 am

:lol: :lol: This thread has gone quiet!!, theres some pretty suspect stuff going on here...

alanhyatt
pluggin' in mics

Post by alanhyatt » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:51 am

It is an unfortunate situation for me, as I am sure it is for them, however the law is the law. Ruppert Neve can not use his name or designs as the ownership of his name and designs were sold to AMS.

The situation here is the same. We purchased "all" of the Good Will, Intellectual Property rights, trademarks, and all other assets of the Fletcher ElectroAcoustics company. As such, every design, name, trade dress and other aspect of building these boxes belongs to PMI Audio Group. That is the law...We bought it signed, sealed, and delivered from the liquidator, and signed off by them and it's lawyers.

So we will see what happens after the suit is served, and if TFPro even survives.
Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Joemeek - Studio Projects - Toft Audio Designs - Valley People - Stephen Paul Microphones
Gardena, CA 90247
toll free: 877-563-6335 fax: 310-323-9050
url: www.pmiaudio.com e-mail: alan@pmiaudio.com

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:44 am

Thanks for the info Alan, these things should be brought to peoples attention, i must admit i was looking at the TFpro stuff, but i wont be looking into it any further..thankyou!

Al

studio2420
audio school

Post by studio2420 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:36 pm

The P-8 is really a great unit and deserves all this attention. Ted Fletcher has got a hands down winner with this one. The transient release and the stereo width control are an excelent feature on top of four very usable compression types.
If you want a kick ass compressor the TFpro P-8 is it!

Paul Robison
TFpro
www.soundsriteaudio.com
Last edited by studio2420 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:41 pm

Take all your fighting somewhere else man!, no ones interested in this tripe here!

studio2420
audio school

Post by studio2420 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:49 pm

Al wrote:Take all your fighting somewhere else man!, no ones interested in this tripe here!
Yes Al you are absolutely right
I apologize

Paul Robison
TFpro
www.soundsriteaudio.com