Anyone need a bass player in San Francisco

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Anyone need a bass player in San Francisco

Post by Rick Hunter » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:36 pm

Hi my name is Justin and I play bass. I am in a band right now, but I want to change it up a little . I am into lots of bands that everyone else is (granddaddy, flaming lips, Death Cab, the Microphones...Modest mouse blah blah) and consider myself pretty allright. If you want to hear a sample of me check out www.yellowdancer.com. I also have a bunch of recording gear (so do you if you are reading this) and synth stuff. PM me, I am open to anything.

justin

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Re: Anyone need a bass player in San Francisco

Post by trashy » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:37 am

Justin,
you should move to Chico so we could play together. Yer one of my fave tapeoppers, and we like the same stuff. I'll buy you a burrito if you move to Chico.

Are you into any of these locals: Experimental Dental School, Deerhoof, Numbers, Mates of State, the Lowdown? If not, you should be.. I just interviewed Experimental Dental School (http://www.newsreview.com/issues/chico/ ... /music.asp).

Anyway, come up this way sometime.

-Phil

littlebrothersclothes
pushin' record

Post by littlebrothersclothes » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:31 pm

I think this band (they actually practice in Oakland) may be looking for a bass player:
http://www.goodforyou.cc/
I like 'em a lot (sort of a postpunk + indierock sound), and I'd have volunteered for the position if I didn't already play bass in bands in both SF and Chico (well, I usually play keyboards in the Chico band, but I seem to fall into the rotating bassist spot every once in a while).

Plus, there's always about 80 bands looking for bassists on Craigslist ...

Doug

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:53 pm

littlebrothersclothes wrote:... if I didn't already play bass in bands in both SF and Chico (well, I usually play keyboards in the Chico band, but I seem to fall into the rotating bassist spot every once in a while).
Who are you Doug?!? I'm always looking for fellow TapeOppers up this way. What band do you play for? I'm Phil: drums for PanPan and the Party, guitar for Vindaloo Ears, and Shabby Car for Shabby Car. I'm also the wife of the lead-singer of Royal Crown. :^: That's my biggest accomplishment, really. You know that Joe Jackson song "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" I'm pretty sure it's about me.