RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
What are you listening to today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Long as the music gets heard! Cool

OK:

The Blue Oyster Cult, Tyranny and Mutation: how they played this stuff so in '73 is beyond me, as well as why the first two records weren't huge hits. Buck Dharma rules! I did have to tell a buddy who whined about the relatively quiet bottom end level, turn it UP.

Patterson Hood, Heat Lightening Rumbles in the Distance: this guy is an absolute treasure, this album a complete gem.

The Joy Formidable, Wolf's Law: I really want to really like it, but it's just OK, with that fucking basketball drum sound like Bush's and that whiny Pumpkins-clone band's latest.

Low, the invisible wrong: gets me high.

Mudhoney, Mudhoney: a work of grunge genius, what is not a oxymoron, dude.

Isidore, Life Somewhere Else: where Kilbey takes us to church, with a different congregation.

MBV, Isn't Anything: I'm still listening to the original mixes these many years later, still trying to figure out why this stuff works, if what's-name is a genius, and if I like it. I'll have to listen again.

Danzig, Danzig II-Lucifuge: R. Rubin, B. O'Brien and J. Scott make this sound great, and the band, like on the first record, has silly songs, silly names and a bad enuff 'tude to make it rock. Whatever happened to J. Christ?

Lou Reed, Animal Serenade: sheer misanthropic poetry, done with very little percussion, and F. Saunders as MVP.

Johnny Marr, The Messenger: I so want to like this, and don't - over-produced and generic despite the very occasional flashes of genius.
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

BTW, it's apparently "Seun" Kuti, and he sounds good too! Doesn't hurt that he's playing with a lot of his father's old cats...

GJ
RefD
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Cocteau Twins - Milk and Kisses

The Dukes of Stratosphear - Chips From the Chocolate Fireball

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

Christian Bruhn - Tim Thaler OST
shedshrine
george martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

REFD!!

Hey man, long time so see broheem. Very Happy
re-cappin' neve
http://www.eham.net/data/reviews/images/2876.jpeg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Very Happy RefD!

I've been enjoying
The Black Angles -Directions to See a Ghost
RefD
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

shedshrine wrote:
REFD!!

Hey man, long time so see broheem. Very Happy

Electro-Voice 664 wrote:
Very Happy RefD!

hey there!
been busy, but i'm lurking again.
*reads back to see what others have been listening to*
douglass
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

vinyl:
Chrome- Half Lip Machine Moves
James White and the Contortions- Second Chance
Sebadoh- The Freed Man
A.David.MacKinnon
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Gregg Juke wrote:
BTW, it's apparently "Seun" Kuti, and he sounds good too! Doesn't hurt that he's playing with a lot of his father's old cats...

GJ

Saw him at the New Orleans jazz fest last year. He was unbelievable. Easily the best show at a fest full of really big names and great shows.

http://adavidmackinnon.blogspot.com
http://adavidmackinnon.bandcamp.com
Jeff White

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Dungen - 4
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Latest Bowie and Cave; I prefer the latter, so far.
shedshrine
george martin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

pj harvey-Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea
"The whores' hustle and the hustler's whore". wow.
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Bowie's latest is really growing on me.

Shooter Jennings, Black Ribbons: Wow! I've heard it once, I've gotta think about it, but it's interesting as hell, some cool songs, lotsa weirdness with a political message.

Richard Thompson's latest: Excellent, of course.

Echo & The Bunnymen, The Fountain: their last from a couple years ago, quite good inna mellow kinda way.

The National's latest: love it.

Luna, lunapark: hadn't heard this inna cuppla years, it's aged surprisingly well, and such a cool band - I miss 'em.

The Cult, Choice of Weapon: it's The Cult, like 'em or not - I do, about the only "current metal" band I listen to.

Miles Davis, Round Midnight: remastered, so tasty.

PJ Harvey, Rid of Me: loud and funny, intense and noisy, also interesting as hell.
Jeff White

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Bardo Pond - Batholith
A.David.MacKinnon
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Bobby Charles.

http://adavidmackinnon.blogspot.com
http://adavidmackinnon.bandcamp.com
punkrockdude
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Lagwagon - Hang Reply with quote

Lagwagon - Hang.

It is really good. You do need to listen to it a couple of times before your thoughts of it become more positive. There are subtle things to find in many of the songs that makes them special after a few listens and there are some chords changes that first can make you wonder why they made those choices but like I've said, after a few minutes those things become better and more clear to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53

Jump to: