RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
What are you listening to today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Been really digging the latest My Bloody Valentine, especially cranked in the monitors - the production arrangements (by what I mean how he uses the delays and compressors and verbs and other FX and mutes and such) are excellent.

And completely different (but mebbe not so much), T-Ride's eponymous release.

Finally, Mould's Silver Age - he really is quite the creative writer and arranger with what is essentially a three piece with overdubbed guitar.
Gregg Juke
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

A 1950 version of Duke Ellington's "Mood Indigo" that has the most incredible "talking" wah-wah/plunger mute trumpet solo, a great vocal "middle 8," and a beautiful overall texture in the arrangement, the performance, and the production... Great recording.

GJ
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "
oneflightup
pluggin' in mics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Cold Chisel's new album: The Perfect Crime.

Every Aussie should have a copy!

Nick
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Jimmy Barnes' band is that?

I wrote a record review for a school newspaper in the early 80's of *Circus Animals*.

Damn, we're old!
Waltz Mastering
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

I bought Slash's newest record a couple weeks ago and finally listened to it today.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Loving the latest Built to Spill, Untethered Moon - quirky hard/prog rock with awesome guitar parts and sounds, varied arrangements, and I believe our own LC worked onnit.

Jason Isbell's latest and last records is very good.

Latest Low, also.

Keef's is OK, rather laid back and Americana-retro.

Love the Lanegan demos and the SoundGarden rarities releases.

Veruca Salt rocks and The Amazing is SoCal cool (especially amazing in light of their country of origin) and the Church's is just aiight.

I like the new Wilco, also, as well as the Tweedy release,

The Sticky Fingers re-master is excellent because of the 2nd disc with alternate versions - production is very crisp, tho'.

Also loving the latest James McMurtry, and especially the new Eleventh Dream Day.

Also, last year's D'Angelo release is striking me as genius.
floid
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

Untethered Moon def. has some great moments. On repeat in the truck, after finally putting away Star Wars.
Saw half a Wilco set at a festival a few weeks back - it was either all of them or all of Dr. John's, I hadda choose the doctor. The trombonist he had was very cool, had a wah in her rig and incorporated monitor feedback.
Just finally discovered Neutral Milk Hotel's Aeroplane - how did I manage to ignore them all these years?
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: What are you listening to today? Reply with quote

floid wrote:

Saw half a Wilco set at a festival a few weeks back - it was either all of them or all of Dr. John's, I hadda choose the doctor. The trombonist he had was very cool, had a wah in her rig and incorporated monitor feedback.

I am not a Black Keys fan, and didn't care for the Doc's last cover album, but that Auerbach produced record is one of my top 10 of the last 5 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listening to Other Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53

Jump to: