Maryland Indie Rock Music

Double Tones
alignin' 24-trk

Maryland Indie Rock Music

Post by Double Tones » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:12 pm

Whats up?

I'm Looking to start an indie rock n' roll band.
I am 21 and sing and play guitar.
I play a Gibson Les Paul Custom thru an Orange AD-30 halfstack.
I am looking for all instruments; Drums, bass, guitar, maybe piano or some synthy atmospheric type keyboard.

Maybe one or all of us wil sing?
No frontman style, this aint 70's classic rock, not that theres anything wrong with that. Just no need for anyone trying to "steal the show".

I love jangly guitars, warm overdrive kinda thick\crunchy.
Songs about life etc,...No politics.

Bands that I really like alot are:
The Appleseed Cast, Wilco, Weezer, Pinback, Interpol, The Get Up Kids,
Yo La Tengo, Jimmy Eat World, Granddaddy, L.E.S. Stitches,
Death Cab for Cutie, Pete Yorn, Modest Mouse, No Soap Radio,
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band......

I have great aspirations to really start a unique and original band.
I would love to get on a great indie label and rock.
Major labels are ok too, but not if it means giving up many artistic rights alothugh, it usually does. Thats a whole 'nother conversation though.
I would love to become somewhat famous but great songs and credibility
are what matters. If both were to happen, cool too.

I am looking for people my age, early 20's. This should be what you really want to do in life. It might even be cool, if something worked out and was going well, to relocate the whole thing to a place\city with a cool vibe and lotsa places to play. Maybe NYC?

I am located in Montgomery County Maryland. More specifically the Olney\Rockville area. I have taken a recording & engineering program and music business class at a pro studio. I am currently taking a pro-tools class (even though I think analog tape sounds better).
I have been a student there for the last couple years, I dropped out of college after my first semester, freshman year in 2001.

My favorite tv shows are: Seinfeld, The Simpsons, The Late Show with Dave Letterman, Conan O'brien and Craig Kilborne.

If this sounds cool to you and you would be dedicated and enthusiastic about it, please reply.

Thanks,
Kevin
Last edited by Double Tones on Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

ceeelow
ass engineer

Re: Maryland Rock Music

Post by ceeelow » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:49 am

Double Tones
alignin' 24-trk

Re: Maryland Indie Rock Music

Post by Double Tones » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:43 am

8)

Double Tones
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Double Tones » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:37 am

"...So this is the new year and I don't feel any different..."

Lo-Fi
audio school graduate

Post by Lo-Fi » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:13 pm

I'm looking to play indie rock again, what a coincidence.

I play bass, but haven't really played with anyone in about two years, subsequently the same ammount of time that i've been in Baltimore. I'm quite self-conscious about my ablility, and really have no formal education in music whatsoever. I used to play with a couple of kids in this band http://www.still-life-music.com, but I moved to Baltimore, and they moved to Montana, and that kind of throws a wrench in the process. Bands that i'm particularly fond of are godspeed you black emperor, Modest Mouse as well, Braid, Radiohead (yeah, I know, who doesn't like radiohead...). I'm 24, I smoke too much, work too much, blah blah blah. Email or IM me if you'd like to shoot the shit sometime.

-Kyle