Soundtoys v.4

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

bannerj
re-cappin' neve

Soundtoys v.4

Post by bannerj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Is it true that nobody is talking about the new stuff out from Soundtoys? Or am I using the search engine wrong?

If you've already got the native bundle v.3, the upgrade is only $99 and you get two new plugs, the decapitator and the panman. If you are on Logic or PT, you also get the speed/pitch plug called speed.

The Decapitator is officially my favorite plug of all time. It can be used very subtly or to completely destroy.

Injured Ear
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Injured Ear » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 pm

I loved my demo of Decapitator. And dammit, the demo just ran out!
I wait for other folks to give the all clear before I do any software upgrades. Don't like to be on the bleeding edge.

I will be doing the upgrade, just not sure when.

bannerj
re-cappin' neve

Post by bannerj » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:59 am

Injured Ear wrote:I loved my demo of Decapitator. And dammit, the demo just ran out!
I wait for other folks to give the all clear before I do any software upgrades. Don't like to be on the bleeding edge.

I will be doing the upgrade, just not sure when.
I haven't had a problem with the upgrade at all and have been using it heavily for the last two days.

Injured Ear
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Injured Ear » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 pm

did you have any issues with losing any older presets with the new presets being introduced?

bannerj
re-cappin' neve

Post by bannerj » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:25 pm

To be honest, I so rarely go back to the same presets twice that I haven't noticed...yet. When you do the uninstall for v3 it asks if you just want to uninstall the program or the presets both. So, you shouldn't lose your presets.

route-electrique
gettin' sounds

Post by route-electrique » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Will surely update :). Speed was part of V3 already.
♫ "Beware the handshake that hides the snake. Beware the pat on the back - it just might hold you back." ♫

bannerj
re-cappin' neve

Post by bannerj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:33 pm

route-electrique wrote:Will surely update :). Speed was part of V3 already.
Yeah, I screwed up on that one. It's PT and/or Logic only. I'm mostly in DP, so I never noticed it/looked for it while in PT.

Oh, and you might want to follow the thread on gearslutz about v4 before updating if you want to/need to automate the v4 soundtoys plugs. Automation isn't working for me right now. Kind of a pain, but I can figure out other things to trick around with.

route-electrique
gettin' sounds

Post by route-electrique » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm

bannerj wrote:
route-electrique wrote:Will surely update :). Speed was part of V3 already.
Yeah, I screwed up on that one. It's PT and/or Logic only. I'm mostly in DP, so I never noticed it/looked for it while in PT.

Oh, and you might want to follow the thread on gearslutz about v4 before updating if you want to/need to automate the v4 soundtoys plugs. Automation isn't working for me right now. Kind of a pain, but I can figure out other things to trick around with.
Thanks for the tip. Maybe i wait for while if they come up with new update :).
♫ "Beware the handshake that hides the snake. Beware the pat on the back - it just might hold you back." ♫

dubh dubh dubh
gettin' sounds

Post by dubh dubh dubh » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 am

Injured Ear wrote:I loved my demo of Decapitator. And dammit, the demo just ran out!...
WORD. There's an enormous variety of behaviors to get out of Decapitator, from rich tonal guitar gravy to exploding dumptruck room mic mayhem. Even helped round off an already-nuked glockenspiel, better than other solutions tried. With tweaking & hi-cut, it was like a dynamic Q envelope follower & harmonics generator. Very cool. Ergh, I know I want to pony up for the real now, but also jonesing for izotope alloy, though certainly very different beasts...

Was bummin a few weeks ago while my demo version was still active; took some PT LE pre-mixes from home to an HD studio & no Decap, though they've the rest of the soundtoys set. Usually replace most all plugs with hardware when I go there, but some Decap treatments couldn't be achieved quickly with hardware- not those exact effects. Should have printed those tracks also with the dcap before going... d'oh, wasn't thinking.

Meh, come on tax return, there's gear to be had!
http://tinyurl.com/fbookDUBH and

I mix/engineer/produce/reduce & make gear heinously misbehave in delightful ways.

parkinson's:it's not just for grannie anymore.
http://www.michaeljfox.org/living.cfm

KBToys
audio school

Post by KBToys » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:23 am

dubh dubh dubh wrote:
Injured Ear wrote:I loved my demo of Decapitator. And dammit, the demo just ran out!...
WORD. There's an enormous variety of behaviors to get out of Decapitator, from rich tonal guitar gravy to exploding dumptruck room mic mayhem. Even helped round off an already-nuked glockenspiel, better than other solutions tried. With tweaking & hi-cut, it was like a dynamic Q envelope follower & harmonics generator. Very cool. Ergh, I know I want to pony up for the real now, but also jonesing for izotope alloy, though certainly very different beasts...

Was bummin a few weeks ago while my demo version was still active; took some PT LE pre-mixes from home to an HD studio & no Decap, though they've the rest of the soundtoys set. Usually replace most all plugs with hardware when I go there, but some Decap treatments couldn't be achieved quickly with hardware- not those exact effects. Should have printed those tracks also with the dcap before going... d'oh, wasn't thinking.

Meh, come on tax return, there's gear to be had!
We just posted the 15-day demos for the new bundle, so you can keep going for a couple of extra weeks...

Ken