Equipment Moving in NYC?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

????
audio school

Equipment Moving in NYC?

Post by ???? » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 am

Hello all,

Not sure if this the right forum for this topic; so please feel free to move if needed.

I am in NYC and need help moving an old beast of a MCI console. Anyone know of any good companies to hire; and roughly how much this would cost?

Thanks!
- A
----------------
Play nice
----------------

fuzz
takin' a dinner break

Post by fuzz » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:33 am

I've moved my Steinway, Studer a800's, and console a few times over the years here in NYC. I've always been able to get the job done with 4-5 buddies and a rented truck. I've also felt more comfortable moving audio gear myself. I had one Studer come to me from LA via van lines and let me tell you, to these guys it was a refrigerator not a sensitive piece of electronics. I used to own a trident series 75, which I'd guess is comparable to your MCI and we moved it out of the 3rd story of a house with just 4 guys. For vehicles, check out CC rental in Chelsea. They are cheap and low hassle and they have trucks with lift gates should you need one.

????
audio school

Post by ???? » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 am

Hey fuzz, Thanks, for the reply.

Yah, me and 5 of my friends moved the MCI into place. It was a beast, so I am trying to hire people out for it.

And I agree CC is the way to go; though watch out - They rented a friend a truck with expired plates two different times; and both times he has been pulled over. (What luck!)

Cheers.

RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

Post by RoyMatthews » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 am

Is it possible that Dreamhire or some other rental company would do this? They would have the equipment and experience.
"If there's one ironclad rule of pop history, it's this: The monkey types Hamlet only once."

Dominick Costanzo
pushin' record

Post by Dominick Costanzo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 am

Dominick Costanzo

KFledman
ass engineer

Post by KFledman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:50 am

see if Vinny's Music will do it. They moved my 24 track and console from Bay Ridge to Midtown for a reasonable price back in '02.....

http://vinnysmusic.com/

????
audio school

Post by ???? » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks you guys for the information! I appreciate it.
----------------
Play nice
----------------