RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Recording Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

So this has basically turned into cjogo's twitter feed. Mods, can we get a ruling on this thread?

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

but his updates are so fascinating!
cjogo
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

Have not gone to a Twitter site ~ as of yet --- this site keeps me quite busy gathering studio information -- some great engineer/ techie knowledge offered , through out the threads.

Still at odds with http://www.virtualscsi.com/virdis.htm
scratching my head on connecting the ROland with our PC .....so we can try this WAV editing in the comfort of our own studio.

thanks to all
MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

i think perhaps you miss dwlb's point.
Jon Nolan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

bump
MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

hey guys, i'm heading into the studio now! i'll be sitting in a chair and clicking a mouse! check out my video feed at www.whogivesafuck.com to watch all the action in real time!
Brett Siler
resurrected

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

I've really been trying to ignore this thread and I keep seeing more pages added and it makes me mad. DESTROY THIS THREAD!

Who wants to start posting really gross pictures on here until this thread gets locked, or disappears? I'll start with something tame if people wanna join in.

My Music: http://www.brettsiler.bandcamp.com/
StudioMother Brain Sound Infrastructure
MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

so does she, like, swim in that thing?
Brett Siler
resurrected

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

I hope so.

My Music: http://www.brettsiler.bandcamp.com/
StudioMother Brain Sound Infrastructure
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
so does she, like, swim in that thing?

No, it looks like it's pretty tight on her.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
cgarges
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

I figured that if this had gotten to 22 pages, it had to be good.

I'm not sure if I was right or wrong about that...

CG
MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

it's getting better!

Last edited by MoreSpaceEcho on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrummerMan
george martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

So, in answer to the original question, I'd say "yes".

...or was that covered already?
cjogo
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

[quote="Brett Siler"]I've really been trying to ignore this thread and I keep seeing more pages added and it makes me mad. DESTROY THIS THREAD!

Who wants to start posting really gross pictures on here until this thread gets locked, or disappears? I'll start with something tame if people wanna join in

Geeze > you ask legitimate questions about new ways of recording --- and it angers some. The only way we can easily gather knowledge :: is to search out audio/music threads, across the Net.

Wonder just how much flak we would get ? ::: asking about how many use a tube pre vs solid state. Or do you comp before or after pre. Just a different ways of obtaining the clients final product.

You must have conversed with fellow engineers > to explore & adapt to the method of WAV editing that seem to standardly grace, all your screens . Maybe many never started with large desks /analog outboard world ~~ went right to the digital world ~ had a mouse in their hands before they were 35 years young...
I know 4 out of 6, of the local recordists/ engineers, ~ never find it necessary to execute such minute edits and also record to a stand-alone CD burner ( Masterlink/etc ). Could not persuade my wife to strap on the mermaid suite ,,, the dog was compliant however Smile

Last edited by cjogo on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jon Nolan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone still mix / master without viewing WAVs ?? Reply with quote

um, bump?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Recording Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: