what's up with the IE redirect on tapeop.com?

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

what's up with the IE redirect on tapeop.com?

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 am

why the need to redirect any IE7 or IE8 browsers to a page where we can't navigate to any of the info on tapeop.com?

I can get to the messageboard just fine, but when I try to go to the main site, I get the redirect page (its persistent). I hope this is a mistake and not some kind of Mac vs. PC or anti-Windows statement. If its because the website does not render properly with IE, then fine, give us a warning and let us take our chances. I don't understand why it has to be blocked. And yes, I know I can use Firefox, and I do occasionally, but sometimes I don't have an option (and others may not as well).

There are an awful lot of PC users that do use IE (regardless of anyone's personal opinion of it) that are also customers of the sponsers that advertise on this site, and as far as I know, those sponsors do not restrict the use of IE on their sites.

thanks
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm

it takes a minute to recalculate a new site so that it will work with IE.
we just launched the new site and we are now working on several areas that weren't a priority.
don't worry, you'll get your browsing capabilities back soon enough if you must use IE.
thanks for your patience.

in the meantime, why do you like IE? it's horrible. HORRIBLE.

i personally wish more sites would stand up to the ridiculousness and not allow IE-users in at all, but that's just me - and most other web designers :)