Greg Dulli?

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Greg Dulli?

Post by comfortstarr » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:40 am

Has he ever been interviewed? I searched the site, but nothing came up. The Twilight Singers just came out with a new record and I've been going back through a lot of Afghan Whigs CDs. I have to admit, he has a certain writing style that I dig a lot, plus the production on the Twilight Singer records has been pretty interesting I think. Anyways, it would be cool to see him in the mag.

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 am

A Dulli article would be cool, though I don't gather he's the recordist. Though John Curley (bassist from the Afghan Whigs) owns a studio if I'm not mistaken...
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

caffiend2049
alignin' 24-trk

Post by caffiend2049 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:42 pm

dwlb wrote:A Dulli article would be cool, though I don't gather he's the recordist. Though John Curley (bassist from the Afghan Whigs) owns a studio if I'm not mistaken...
He does. http://www.ultrastudio.com/Ultrasuede_Studio/Home.html
It's a nice room with a fantastic vibe and a great history.
I actually had a tracking session there for my bachelor party. And years gone by they had some live shows which were simulcast on woxy. (or maybe it was wvxu)....

But yeah, a Curley interview would be cool.
bigger and better....sooner than later

CedarSound
pushin' record

Post by CedarSound » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Ultrasuede is a nice studio. Interesting space that was built in the sixties or seventies... has a very retro cool vibe.

I attended a recording class there a few years ago with a friend of mine. John is a really good guy and I enjoyed the class. He has also recorded some of the cooler albums from Cincinnati artists, including the Greenhornes, which includes a couple members of the Raconteurs.

Marwood Williams
pluggin' in mics

Post by Marwood Williams » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:37 pm

I would also love to see an interview with Dulli.

A year or so back, I was fortunate enough to catch a Gutter Twins acoustic show here in Seattle. Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli put on an excellent live show.