RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Auto login doesn't ever work

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

I'm the only one who uses my computer. So I prefer to have TOMB log my in automatically when I navigate here. BUT even though I type my name, password and check the little box that says "automatically log me on each visit" but it never does.

It used to be random, for several days it would log me in, and other days it wouldn't. The last month or so, I have to log on each time. It's not a huge deal by any means, but I'd really like a feature that I opt to use to actually work.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can anything be done about it?
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Works for me, even on the iPad.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
Snarl 12/8
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Try deleting whatever cookies you have in your browser for "messageboard.tapeop.com" and try again.

Check your cookies settings in your browser and make sure they are something reasonable. (Allow cookies, for example.)

Try a different browser.

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

I had to log in to respond. I just deleted the Tape Op cookies, which I have to do on occasion when I can't get to the board at all. I don't really like Firefox, or IE and haven't tried Chrome. I usually use Safari and it works great on every other site (including forums) that I deal with.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
mjau
genitals didn't survive the freeze

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Same problem here, Tony - and only when I use Safari, too.
RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

mjau wrote:
Same problem here, Tony - and only when I use Safari, too.

I think it's a common Safari issue. I have a theory that it has something to do with Top Sites. But I dunno.
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Clearing cookies has worked today. It will be interesting to see if it caries over to tomorrow.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Snarl 12/8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Wow. Talk about diff'rent strokes, I do great with Firefox and can't stand Safari (when I use macs), but I'm generally on PC's.

Seriously though, setting up TOMB as your homepage in Firefox and using it just for this might be cool for you. It would be like having your own TOMB app.

jhharvest
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

I had about two weeks of getting logged off every time. Last five days auto login has been working for me. Seems pretty random.

What might help is if you log out manually and then log back in.

I use Chrome mostly. Safari I use only if I do browsing I don't care for the missus to know about. Wink
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Update, now that I'm home.

Safari on iPad works fine.

Firefox on mac works fine.

I don't use Safari or Chrome on the computer.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Aaaaaand, having to log in again, even when following the link from my email telling me there's a new post.
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
Snarl 12/8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

drumsound wrote:
even when following the link from my email telling me there's a new post.

Just FYI, that doesn't have any bearing. The link in the email activating your web browser is something that happens strictly on your own machine, it doesn't tell the web server anything. To get those links to activate Firefox, I believe, requires you to change your default browser to Firefox for everything, so that's not such a great solution after all, if you're hell bent on using Safari most of the time.

kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Sometimes I would get logged out maybe every other week...but usually works, on Safari with my Mac and iPhone.
vvv
zen recordist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Auto login doesn't ever work Reply with quote

Keep in mind that utilities that clean the hard drive, ex., CCleaner, might delete your cookies even tho' you save them, if they are not in the default IE location.

FWIW, sometimes a simple defrag seems to interfere, also. (I use Chrome.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Message Board (TOMB) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: