Visit ABBEY ROAD Studio Two in person, March...

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

BrianK
takin' a dinner break

Visit ABBEY ROAD Studio Two in person, March...

Post by BrianK » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 am

I haven't seen this posted here, forgive me if it's around, but I did a search and thought someone MIGHT be interested...

It's the 80th Anniversary of Abbey Road studios this year, a loooong time for a studio to be in business. That's a lot of history, and they've asked Kevin Ryan and I to come lecture on that great story. We're being allowed to give the talks IN Studio Two, the famous Beatles room (and many others), with a selection of old mixers, tape machines, instruments, mics etc from their collection as a small museum. You'll get time to wander the room and see things, take pics, etc. and I think even the canteen will be available for a bite and a drink before! Then we'll talk with a presentation on the long history. Most people don't really understand the size and scope of the studio, the rooms there, many changes over time, styles of music etc. There's a lot to cover, but we'll try.

The first 8 talks sold out almost immediately, and there's 4 more added (Friday March 9th and Friday March 23rd).

It's a RARE chance to get into the building as a member of the public (I can think of only 3 times in the last 40 years this kind of opportunity has happened). I was just there last week preparing things, and even though I've been in that place many times, it still gives me goosebumps to sense the history of it all. We've found a lot of great things, and you'll see and hear quite a bit that never made it into the Recording the Beatles book, as that covers only 8 short years.

Hope to see some of you there, come say hello if you do, we'll be there!
(If you want to email me, it's my name at gmail.com, private messages may not reach me in time, thanks)

http://www.seetickets.com/Venue/Abbey-Road-Studios/2111
Relax and float downstream...

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:05 pm

This is the opportunity of a lifetime. I hope that someone from the TOMB gets in on this!

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

rogersbarton
audio school graduate

Post by rogersbarton » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 am

Watched Johnny Hates Jazz record the single Shattered Dreams in Abbey Road and the sense of history was palpable.

KendricK
pluggin' in mics

Post by KendricK » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 am

I hope you have fun and appreciate what a special place it is.