RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
We need an article on Darren Korb who worked on Bastion

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbeck
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: We need an article on Darren Korb who worked on Bastion Reply with quote

This story has tape op written all over it!

He did all the sound design, music and recorded the VO for the indie video game Bastion. But he did it in his NYC apartment!

He's a musician, producer, engineer by trade so this is his first video game work. The game has been very well received and he's winning a bunch of awards for VO and sound design. It's a cinderella story!

I work in the video game industry but I still read tape op Smile
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: We need an article on Darren Korb who worked on Bastion Reply with quote

I've been pretty much avoiding that world..... no offense. It's just different from why I started the mag.
www.larry-crane.com
Tragibigzanda
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: We need an article on Darren Korb who worked on Bastion Reply with quote

Respectfully, Larry, it's not the same industry it was in 1996; I know very few people who are able to make a living on engineering work alone; more and more of my colleagues (myself included) are branching into video game work, publishing, sync licensing, and other avenues as means of creating a more lucrative (or at least stable) career. I think the mag should evolve to reflect that...

But hey, it's your mag, and I'll keep reading (and contributing), however you run it.

Producer & Engineer
New York, NY
alex.c.mckenzie@gmail.com
dbeck
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: We need an article on Darren Korb who worked on Bastion Reply with quote

Well Im sorry to hear that.

He called his music acoustic frontier trip hop and i would say its not your regular action-oriented typical soundtrack. You should listen to the songs. The magazine is for creative music recording. Its good music. Its too bad its not considered because of its usage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: