iOS helper apps around the studio?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

iOS helper apps around the studio?

Post by alexdingley » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:59 am

Hey all,

So, if you had an old iPhone or iPod touch that you didn't really use much, and wanted to put it to work in the studio... what apps might be out there? I just put a guitar tuner app on my old iPhone since I've upgraded to a newer phone. I'm looking for some suggestions of things that could be helpful, effectively turning the iphone into a sort of digital leatherman for the studio.

Currently I'm using:

? TC Electronics - Polytune
? Studio Six Digital - SPL Meter

...what are you using?

charlievela
gettin' sounds

Post by charlievela » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm loving v control for transport and setting monitor mixes from the live room. Also invoice 2 go and square up for handling finances

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Apps

Post by alexdingley » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 am

I've been looking for a billing solution, and I think that Square might be the way that I go. I'm also trying to find a good contract/release software to setup client agreements and stuff like that. I want something where you can write up the agreement and have the client sign off that they agree to xyz.. Data backup strategies, use of material on demo reels / web sites, billing practices...etc.

I saw a photographer using a model release form, but I can't remember the name of that app.

...And before anyone posts a lmgtfy.com link... Know that I surely could just search the app store, but I prefer to get input from this community first.