Chicago studios / producers

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

themaharishi
audio school

Chicago studios / producers

Post by themaharishi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi.

I'm with a band based in Chicago. After working on demos for about a year, we are ready to find a producer in the Chicago area.

Our music is here:

http://www.themaharishi.com/music.html

We are an indie rock group with some electronic/keyboard elements. Ideally, we are looking for our Nigel Godrich - someone with technical prowess but moreso the ability to offer some creative input to help with sound and song development. Any feedback is truly appreciated as we begin our search.

Thanks very much -
Christian

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:24 pm

search on the two names below:

Brian Deck
Colin Sipos

should be easy to locate up to date, public contact information for both. I know both of these men and know their abilities/skill set/etc.

you play your cards right you might get a chance to roll tracks off a Trident A Range, which Brian has regular access to...
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Is Brian back in Chicago? I didn't know ...

Nice guy I had the pleasure of doing a demo with back in the early 90's at Idful.

I hadda Stonesy alt.country band back then when the Smashing Pumpkins, Liz Phair and Urge Overkill were all over MTV. I think Brian himself was still in Red Red Meat ...

Great ears, awesome drum sounds.

EDIT: Just looked him up on wikipedia- I did know, just forgot, he was back and at Engine. Curiously, wiki doesn't list his credit(s) for The Shins.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.