Question Answered, thanks!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

fossiltooth
carpal tunnel

Post by fossiltooth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

I agree that there's some information in this thread that could be useful to other readers, even if it's not particularly relevant to the original poster.

That said, I also agree that the tone of many of the "regulars" on this forum has unfortunately gotten to be a bit condescending and very un-Tape-Op-y at times. We should probably try to bring some of the tact and sense of humor back to the forum. That would be rad. Maybe this is an off-topic comment too -- But I hope it might also be useful.

And for the record, I wholeheartedly disagree with the "there's no such thing as a demo" comment. A lot of people should do a lot more pre-production on their music. Demos were invented for a reason. Diving cold into a 12-song LP is often a kind of silly thing to do.

Pre-production demos are awesome. Not everything we ever record has to be a "release".

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:44 pm

i don't need it and I did not ask for it. At the very least, I don't deserve to be talked down to like this
I'll be honest dude, I wasn't trying to talk down. Most people here have good advice to offer, whether or not you want to hear it all. It should be no surprise to you that a lot of people on TOMB have experience with releasing their music on record labels, and/or have submitted work to labels unsolicited...and thus, feel they have something to add...

Next time you post a yes or no question though, I'm guessing you aren't the type to be offended when we just have to stick the usual Tape-Op answer...