The Misfits - American Psycho

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

The Misfits - American Psycho

Post by Brett Siler » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:49 pm

I was listening to this album and I am very impressed with the recording quality of this album. Tape Op's Hillary Johnson engineered part of this album so I thought I would see if she could weigh in on any details of making this album. I am particularly impressed with the guitar sounds. What gear was used and how did you capture that sound (or maybe even help create)? The over all recording just sounds very thick and full while still retaining clarity

(side note, musically I much prefer Danzig era Misfits. Not really talking about actually music content just the recording quality)

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey, where is Hillary? What about it? Giving us the goods on this or no?

Brett, my "Brush with Misfitsness" moment was when I almost met Doilie; he recorded at a local studio where I spent a lot of youthful recording time, and one day he was there just before I came in. He left a signed poster (and I think a few strands of hair from that giant lock).

GJ