RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
iPad edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: iPad edition Reply with quote

Hey guys, congrats on the iPad edition! I subscribed, happily--this is a great resource.

But I have to say, it's a little disappointing that the app just consists of hi-res images of each page of the print mag. The type in the print mag is already smaller than in any other magazine I read, and now, shrunk to the size of the iPad's screen, it is almost impossibly small--even with a retina iPad. I can imagine that, on a low-res iPad, it would be nearly illegible (especially for the over-40 set I am an enthusiastic member of).

You might check out the Sound on Sound app. Granted, their subscriptions are much more expensive than yours. But they have reformatted the entire magazine for the medium--it is highly readable and beautifully laid out specifically for a ten-inch screen. I realize an app like this would probably require more time and effort than you've got, but there you go.

Good luck, I hope you get a zillion subscriptions.
digitaldrummer
deaf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

and if you follow up with Kindle, I'll sign up. Very Happy
dgrieser
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

I like the iPad edition because I can easily make the type as big as I need it.
owlcavestudios
audio school

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

I am loving the iPad edition as well! I have already subscribed. The price is very much worth it. I have been receiving this magazine for free for such a long time, that paying that fee is not even a question.

I do wonder, will they make available any of the issues pre #23? The archive only goes that far back. It would be nice to get some of the earliest issues up there for purchase as well. I know a lot of the content is in the books, but do they cover 100% of those issues content?

Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the ipad edition btw!!
Osumosan
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

inverseroom wrote:
But I have to say, it's a little disappointing that the app just consists of hi-res images of each page of the print mag. The type in the print mag is already smaller than in any other magazine I read, and now, shrunk to the size of the iPad's screen, it is almost impossibly small--even with a retina iPad. I can imagine that, on a low-res iPad, it would be nearly illegible (especially for the over-40 set I am an enthusiastic member of).

Have you tried zooming in? The issues are not scans, but are rendered by the app so the type can be viewed extremely large and crisp.
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

owlcavestudios wrote:
I do wonder, will they make available any of the issues pre #23? The archive only goes that far back. It would be nice to get some of the earliest issues up there for purchase as well. I know a lot of the content is in the books, but do they cover 100% of those issues content?

We will be putting up issues 20-22 soon. Almost everything from 11-19 is in book vol II and same with book Vol I, which we will have available soon digitally and back in print.

We can't afford to build brand new versions of 92 issues of the mag to take advantage of the iPad's features. That would literally be a huge undertaking, and finding all the old artwork and covers has been a big task already! I feel like it's better to offer an incredible deal ($5.99 subs? and $1.99 back issues?) than to build in a bunch of bells and whistles.
www.larry-crane.com
egr
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

digitaldrummer wrote:
and if you follow up with Kindle, I'll sign up. Very Happy

Yes please.
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

Issue 92 out on iPad now
www.larry-crane.com
jckinnick
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

Is it available on Iphone i tried downloading the app to my iphone but i cant get it to show up on the apps.
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

Only iPad right now. Sorry, this shit is expensive to develop and slow to get approved!
www.larry-crane.com
the finger genius
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

I love it, and glad you guys are doing a reasonably priced subscription. I'm in.

That said, what I'm gettin' at is, perfectionism is for the truly defective.

You may quote me.

re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, how long before the new issues are available via subscription? (when will I be able to download issue 92 as part of my subscription?)

Thanks!

That said, what I'm gettin' at is, perfectionism is for the truly defective.

You may quote me.

audio school

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

here is the digital for book 2 means old issues
http://books.google.com.ar/books?id=foViXo_JV9YC&printsec=frontcover&hl=es&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
mrufino1
pushin' record

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

I love having tape op on my ipad. I didn't subscribe until the early 40 's in issues, so I've been enjoying reading some of the earlier ones I missed. Funny to see someone say they just built a screaming pentium II 233 MHz machine...
Just one question. Is there a way to delete issues from my library after I've read them? With a 16gb ipad, every little bit of space helps. Auria needs room to work! Thanks, I subscribed to the ipad edition as well, back issues and subscriptions might just be the best value going.
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: iPad edition Reply with quote

Just subscribed on the iPad.

Awesome.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: