RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

thanks benny!
DaveZula
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

This album sounds fantastic. What an inspiration for a fellow analog enthusiast. I am planning to do a funk record on a cassette 8 track pretty soon and I hope it sounds half as cool as this.

-Dave
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

DaveZula wrote:
This album sounds fantastic. What an inspiration for a fellow analog enthusiast. I am planning to do a funk record on a cassette 8 track pretty soon and I hope it sounds half as cool as this.

-Dave

thanks! i look forward to hearing that record
HuskerDude
pushin' record

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

The record came in the mail today, it looks and sounds fantastic. Nice one, man.
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

HuskerDude wrote:
The record came in the mail today, it looks and sounds fantastic. Nice one, man.

HuskerD, glad you dig it! Thanks for picking up a vinyl.
kung_fu_elvis
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

Overall, the songs are great, and the arrangements are there for the song... Over half the battle was won right there.

You could have recorded this to carrier pigeon, and it still would have been fantastic... many kudos.
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

kung_fu_elvis wrote:
Overall, the songs are great, and the arrangements are there for the song... Over half the battle was won right there.

You could have recorded this to carrier pigeon, and it still would have been fantastic... many kudos.

recording next one on voicemail. thanks elvis!
Packy
ass engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

Mike, I've never heard of you before but it took all of 20 seconds for me to decide to buy the vinyl. Really great work here. Sound, writing, performances, all fantastic and it hangs together so beautifully.

I rarely, RARELY buy records with so little knowledge or reference, but I could instantly feel that this one is gonna stick with me.

I'm also thinking about doing my own EP on vinyl with Gotta Groove. They seem like a really cool company; look forward to hearing how the pressing sounds(/feels/looks).
ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

I have to say...this is overwhelmingly the best response I've ever seen on a "Listen to My Stuff" thread. Usually it's crickets or one off handing remark. this should tell you that you've made something great. Nice.

Latest Project: North Brother Island -Indigogo campaign for album release
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

Packy wrote:
Mike, I've never heard of you before but it took all of 20 seconds for me to decide to buy the vinyl. Really great work here. Sound, writing, performances, all fantastic and it hangs together so beautifully.

I rarely, RARELY buy records with so little knowledge or reference, but I could instantly feel that this one is gonna stick with me.

I'm also thinking about doing my own EP on vinyl with Gotta Groove. They seem like a really cool company; look forward to hearing how the pressing sounds(/feels/looks).

Packy, you'll have your vinyl soon, thanks so much! Gotta Groove is a breeze to work with and I recommend them.
Packy
ass engineer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

mikey_grapes wrote:

Packy, you'll have your vinyl soon, thanks so much! Gotta Groove is a breeze to work with and I recommend them.

Glad to hear it - I've been in touch with GGR over the last couple days and they've already been super responsive and cool. Plus, having their own crowdfunding platform and syncing it up to their fulfillment/distribution service is a brilliant idea that I plan to exploit to the fullest. Cheers!
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

ott0bot wrote:
I have to say...this is overwhelmingly the best response I've ever seen on a "Listen to My Stuff" thread. Usually it's crickets or one off handing remark. this should tell you that you've made something great. Nice.

Overall, the biggest response to the album has been on the TOMB. Much appreciated!
springreverb
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

very nice recording.. nice music too
cassettes can truly sound better than most people think
sounds way better than most music you hear on various message boards where everything sounds the same and is extremly .."fake" sounding with too much treble
it just feels good and musical

peace
mikey_grapes
ass engineer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

springreverb wrote:
very nice recording.. nice music too
cassettes can truly sound better than most people think
sounds way better than most music you hear on various message boards where everything sounds the same and is extremly .."fake" sounding with too much treble
it just feels good and musical

peace

thanks for listening, i'll always keep around a few 424s, etc., cassettes just work for me given my "studio" (basement) setup. cheers
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Made on a 488MKii and pressed to vinyl Reply with quote

Sounds great...not something I'd buy but the recordings are good. I just picked up a 688.. What cassettes are you using?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Listen to My Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: