TapeOp in the UK after subscription changes

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

iamthecosmos
pushin' record

TapeOp in the UK after subscription changes

Post by iamthecosmos » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:58 am

Are you going to be offering subscriptions mailed from the USA to UK readers? I realise this will cost more, but I need my TapeOp! I don't have an iPad, and I don't really want to read the magazine on my Kindle (monochrome wouldn't be so good) or my iPhone. Will you offer a PDF/desktop subscription?

Very gutted over here in the UK. :(

Venetian
audio school

Post by Venetian » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 am

seconded....it would be great to continue to subscribe to Tape Op, albeit sent from the U.S.A. if that is an option?

Great work through out the years. Always a good day when it comes through the post box!

audiot
audio school

me too

Post by audiot » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 am

I just read the email and it made me quite sad. Tape Op is a fantastic magazine, I learned so much from reading it during those years and I simply cannot accept the fact that it should be impossible for me to get it in the future. There must be a way for us Europeans to get the US-version. I don't really know why there even were two different editions, I'm sure you had your reasons. But I for one couldn't care less about the edition, all I want is to read Tape Op - on paper. So my idea would be to just forget about a UK/EU-edition and print more US-ones instead. We overseaers are perfectly willing to pay for the shipping and handling and you would have a bigger number to impress your ad-customers in America with.

So please tell me there's a possibility to subscribe to the US-version. Just name a realistic price and I'm positive this will work out.

and of course: THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CREATING TAPE OP!!! as this cannot be said often enough.

frans_13
takin' a dinner break

Post by frans_13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 am

Me too. More postage is okay, I just want to read TapeOp.

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:07 am

Subscriptions are available and back issues as well! http://www.goodmtn.com/
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

iamthecosmos
pushin' record

Post by iamthecosmos » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 am

$80!

:shock:

Oh well, I've had years of a good deal with the free subs, when I get paid I'm buying one of these.

audiot
audio school

Post by audiot » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 am

my thoughts exactly.

That's about 10,- Euros per issue - seems high, but what I get out of it is worth at least that much. So, I'm in.

Two questions, though. Does it include shipping? The Good Mountainers aren't clear on that (or I'm too stupid...).
And when does my actual subscription end? Did I already receive the last issue (before the eMail letter arrived) or is the next one included?

I just want to know when to buy it, so I don't miss an issue - or get one twice.

iamthecosmos
pushin' record

Post by iamthecosmos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 am

It's quite expensive for postage on a magazine, I've had larger items sent for less from the US. Still cheaper than buying an iPad though.

AndiP
audio school

Post by AndiP » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:24 am

I guess shipping overseas doesn't actually work that well with a low circulation ad-supported magazine. Android soon please.
Andi at The Dustbowl Audio

iamthecosmos
pushin' record

Post by iamthecosmos » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:18 am

AndiP wrote:I guess shipping overseas doesn't actually work that well with a low circulation ad-supported magazine. Android soon please.
That's fair enough, but I've had a number of items like records sent to the UK for cheaper. Still going to pay it though, no choice.

johnwesleybarker
audio school

Post by johnwesleybarker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I am so totally gutted!

Hadn't had a TapeOp delivered for ages and began to think my Subscription had lapsed.

Then I couldn't logon with my old details and had to join again.

Then read post about no more Europe / UK TapeOp.

I am really saddened.

Your such a great resource. Just hope this situation changes. Will look into web delivery now. Oh boy - what a sad day for me.