Best double album ever?

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 am

No electronics on this one. Not really all that folky either. Mostly straight-up rock with some great instrumentation. Sonically fantastic too. An album that hit me at literally the perfect minute of my life.
ott0bot wrote:The Wilco album in 10/90ths inferior.
Are you saying the album is 11% what the movie is or 89%?

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 am

The production on the ones I have is phenomenal. The music is well-crafted but just doesn't grab me. Just a matter of personal taste.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Rufer wrote:No electronics on this one. Not really all that folky either. Mostly straight-up rock with some great instrumentation. Sonically fantastic too. An album that hit me at literally the perfect minute of my life.
ott0bot wrote:The Wilco album in 10/90ths inferior.
Are you saying the album is 11% what the movie is or 89%?
maybe 11% less good? I was just being a goof.

Slightly seriously....I really like the book, and the movie felt like "being there"....but the Wilco album felt more like "something's there" but I just couldn't grasp what it is. It sounds good, the songs are decent, but it just doesn't make me feel like I'm "anywhere". I don't know...they always leave me feeling like I'm missing something great, but no one can explain why. I guess I just don't get Wilco, there I said it. Sorry everyone, I just cant pretend anymore.