RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
"can you send me the stems?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People Skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: "can you send me the stems?" Reply with quote

Dunk wrote:
I was going to start a new topic but i suppose it's best in here.

when bouncing stems what do you bounce?

The project i'm working on at the moment has 36 track and about 8 busses.

Should i bounce all the tracks and the busses or just the busses and the tracks that aren't bussed?

hope that makes sense

Hi,

This is what I have been doing for a while now:

I bounce the following, into separate Stereo tracks, INCLUDING reverbs /delays and overall effects, Master buss effects, automation, mutes, panning, etc, everything as it is in the final mix.

Drums
Bass
Keyboards
Guitars
Backing Vocals
Lead Vocal.

IF there is a specific request during the time I am going to make the Stems, I do it then. Otherwise they are as above.

Cheers
analogika
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: "can you send me the stems?" Reply with quote

Really dumb question: That still doesn't allow full reconstruction of the mix, does it?

Theoretically, there will still be sidechaining, or master-buss compression, or effects summing with compression etc., left unaccounted for, right?
Nick Sevilla
speech impediment

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: "can you send me the stems?" Reply with quote

analogika wrote:
Really dumb question: That still doesn't allow full reconstruction of the mix, does it?

Theoretically, there will still be sidechaining, or master-buss compression, or effects summing with compression etc., left unaccounted for, right?

If you are going to use my mix, then use my mix. It wil not need "reconstruction". I have yet to see someone want to remix something so it is identical to a previous mix. Usually it is done so it ends up being a BETTER mix than the old one.

BTW I always print instrumentals, TV mixes, and if needed, a capellas (never had to so far).
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People Skills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: