Jamkazam

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

mrc
re-cappin' neve

Jamkazam

Post by mrc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:25 am

I happened across Jamkazam surfing yesterday. Jamkazam.com They claim 10 ms. latency at up to 500 miles with a hardwired net connection, no wireless, and a fast interface. Daw ops are probably pre-geared for this. It's in Beta now, and a free download. It looks like it might be useful.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 am

That's a mighty lofty claim, even if both parties had Google Fiber doesn't seem realistic...

My Google Fiber finally gets installed next monday...I'd try it out but my bandmates doesn't have Fiber...

mrc
re-cappin' neve

Post by mrc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 am

I'm waiting for our phone co-op to get here. The fiber is here, but waiting my turn for the install...no date yet :cry:

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:21 pm

mrc wrote:I'm waiting for our phone co-op to get here. The fiber is here, but waiting my turn for the install...no date yet :cry:
Yeah our signup was nearly a year ago, and then they dug up my neighborhood in June...then nothing until October 1st saying they would not do any more installs till spring due to winter weather (which is funny because in KC winter is usually fairly mild until late December...this year has been very mild)...then last week there's s dude running fiber to the side of my house and then putting the box up...and I got the email to finally schedule install today. Goodbye Time Warner.