Post-IndieAltMathFolkRootJam from the Kuiper belt SEEEKZ...

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

joelmoore
pushin' record

Post-IndieAltMathFolkRootJam from the Kuiper belt SEEEKZ...

Post by joelmoore » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Southern born, world-travelled, 15 years an NYC rent slave, currently working as performing songwriter, word assembler, guitar guy and not-half-bad multi-instrumentalist in Northwestern Tennessee, after an extended hiatus is once again seeking players. I have a private comfortable studio setup for rehearsing, recording and messing around. Essentially I've got everything but the band.

I have a very large body of work that ranges across genres and is never same-y or boring. I've been working on all this stuff for 20 years. I'm not running the gonna "make it" race. I'm a long-hauler. A lifer. My preference is to work on my music and build a band that is also into working on this music with me. Guns for hire, Idol stars and weekend warriors are not likely to work out. I have parts written that can be learned but I don't recoil at any evolution of those elements or even a total rewrite, if it makes shit better. I'll consider myself lucky if I find people that can hear and just play. I'll take what I can get and work to make something out of it.

That said, are you fat, ugly, old, orphaned, permanently disenfranchised by humanity but can somehow keep a beat and/or play a G, C and D note on a bass? Do you often ask yourself why you weren't born in some other period of time? Does it hurt to wake up? Do you find yourself struggling not to act on violent feelings when encountering phone-drones in public spaces? Then you, are likely just the worthy candidate we've been searching for.

Call now and if you're not 100% satisfied we'll refund your money. Seriously, I'll feed you and shit.
Dear God, Please make me Polvo or Ween or Townes Van Zandt or some combination of the three.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 am

Ad of the week! 8)
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.