Need some help w/ schematics & building mic cable for CM

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Lumin
alignin' 24-trk

Need some help w/ schematics & building mic cable for CM

Post by Lumin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello folks.
I discovered my original cmv563 cable which runs between the mic and power supply has a large gash in the middle of it which doesn't look like it can be repaired. 4 of the internal cables have been severed. Looks like I need to build myself a new cable. I have plenty of experience building xlr and instrument cables, but have never done a tube mic cable.
This mic has six pin Tuchel connections, and I believe only 5 pins are used. I have included a schematic which I have to admit am not well versed in reading.
This is the schemo for the mic
This is the schemo for the n61 power supply

I need some help determining which of the cables get soldered to the specific pins, mainly the thicker cables which I believe connect to the power instead of audio.
Also, after disassembling the Tuchel connectors, I noticed on one end a small piece of wire which was soldered from one pin to the braided shield of the cable.
Would this be a necessity for this mic or is that just something a previous tech installed to correct an issue in whatever studio it was being used in?

I had my eye on bulk Mogami
MOGAMI
as well as Gotham
Gotham Kabel AG | 20101 GAC-7 Tube Specially designed microphone cable for tube microphones
I am open to suggestions to your preferences regarding cable as well.

Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you so much.