RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People Skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio? Reply with quote

Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services? I'm wondering if it'd be a great way to have someone answer every call we get, sort out the BS calls, and get emails of what potential clients needs are so we can efficiently flow up. Anyone tried this?
www.larry-crane.com
cgarges
TOMB Moderator
TOMB Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio? Reply with quote

The studio at which I worked in the late 90s did this for a VERY short period. It was unbelievable what a joke that service was. I have no idea if it was this particular one or if services like this just aren't equipped to handle the kind of phone call that someone who works at a studio needs to field. Even the places that I've worked that have had receptionists have had to have engineers return phone calls about equipment and workflow and whatnot. I just think that places like that aren't really gonna be too terribly helpful unless they really have a lot of experience doing that kind of thing for recording studios, specifically.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio? Reply with quote

Is this for Don Draper Recording Service?
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
roscoenyc
george martin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio? Reply with quote

it's just gonna get in the way.
kslight
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio? Reply with quote

I got a "cold call" email from a company wanting to do "professionally recorded voicemails" which I thought was pretty lame.

Really I should just set up a 1900 number so I don't get any calls from tire kickers that just want to moan over how they know a "big name producer that'll do it for 1/2 price."

In all seriousness probably certain audiences would prefer to text instead of call, but then you're probably aggravating the situation with even more time wasters..
TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone use Professional Phone Answering Services for studio? Reply with quote

I finally just hired someone to help with bookings, tours, PR, etc. Co-manage. Seems smarter
www.larry-crane.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> People Skills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: